posted Apr 3, 2013, 8:32 AM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Apr 3, 2013, 8:32 AM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of April 1, 2013
- Passover Service: Monday, 4/1, 10:30 AM. Reading of the Torah, Yizkor, & Oneg
- SHABBAT Evening: Friday, 4/5, 7 PM, Yom HaShoah Remembrance Service with New Synagogue & Oneg Shabbat.
- SHABBAT Morning: Saturday, 4/6, 10:30 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Alexa Pyatsky
- LOOKING AHEAD: Comedy Benefit & Raffle 4/8, Israel Independence Service & More
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown. Reading Genesis.
- THANK YOU, DONATIONS, & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEIT AND KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Dave Konig’s show; Kama Linden’s Birthday Show, 4/6; Aron Bederson directs Line; Melodies of Spring; Randie Levine Miller’s Showstopper Divas; Louise Poster sings weekly; AT Shows: Fried Chicken & Latkes, Black Angels Over Tuskegee, Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opens 3/27; & Honestly Abe; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, Valerie Brown, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
- The Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our
Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started
her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is
here on YouTube.
- Visit our
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- Link to Houston Chronicle Article about The Broadway Benefit, Rabbi Jill and Actors’ Temple.
- Link to New York Times Article about Actors’ Temple.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on YouTube; 2012 here and here. 2011 here.
- Passover Service: Monday, April 1st, 10:30 AM, Torah Service, Yizkor and Yom Tov Oneg.
- SHABBAT, Friday April 5, 7 PM: Yom Hashoah Remembrance Service: Friday, April 5th, 7 PM. We will be joined by Rabbis Roger Ross and Scott Matous, and Cantors Judy Steel and Jeannie Kwartler from The New Synagogue. Cantor Steel will speak as a survivor of the ship St. Louis; Musicians, including Lilly Galperin, who plays the Kurt Weill song, Sing Low; followed by an Oneg Shabbat. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Hannah Unterman Malamud (25), Leonore Silver (25), Naum Galperin (27), Bernard Sheldon (28), Edna Hersh (29), Ruth Schindelheim (29-30).
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, April 6, 10:30 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Alexa Pyatsky. All are invited. Service and Kiddush sponsored by the Pyatsky Family.
- COMEDY BENEFIT AND RAFFLE, produced by Bob Greenberg: Monday, April 8th, 7 PM. New and Returning Comics With New Jokes: Ross Bennett, Scott Blakeman, Jane Condon, Sandy Ehlers, Mike Fine, Bob Greenberg, Rhonda Hansome, Doug Kleiman, Dave Konig, Nancy Lombardo, Stone & Stone, and Steven Scott; Special Guest Stars: Joe Franklin and Elayne Boosler; with Ira Allen on Piano; in memory of former pianist Doug Nervick. $35 Advance; $40 at the door & Up.
- Please write a review of The Actors’ Temple on YELP.com; and mention our Seder & Comedy Show too!
- Israel Independence Day Service, Friday, April 12th, 7 PM.
- Shabbat, Friday, April 19th, 7 PM: Phyllis Malamud sponsors the Oneg Shabbat in memory of her beloved parents, Cantor Louis Malamud, who served The Actors’ Temple for nearly 40 years, and Hannah Unterman Malamud.
- Saturday, April 20th, 10:00 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Nicolette Cure. All are invited.
- Saturday, May 4th, 10:30 AM: Bar Mitzvah of Jason Vail. All are invited.
- SHAVUOT Services: Erev & Morning, May 14 & 15. Potluck Dairy Dinner and Study Session, 5/14.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. Reading B’reisheet.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration ongoing. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Thank you to all those who helped to make the Passover seder such a great success: Performers: Aron Bederson, James Besser, Lilly Galperin, Suki Rae; Volunteers: Barbara Bova, Valerie Brown, The Felds, Ira Shimshi, June Stern, Adele Troedel Michael Verdel, President Bob Reicher, Rabbi Jill Hausman; Facilities Manager Larry Roberts, and Superintendent Angel Villoda. We are so grateful!
- Special thanks to David Bier, Barbara Bova, Peter Tedeschi, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for the website.
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your Life Cycle events!
Donations and Giving
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such
as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, Lois Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Mark Landers, Eliyahu Goldsmith, Zell Schwartzman, and Sally Gerity. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Adar, Nisan; Hannah Unterman Malamud (25), Leonore Silver (25), Naum Galperin (27) Bernard Sheldon (28), Edna Hersh (29), Ruth Schindelheim (29-30), 4/4; Bernard Krausman (4/12), Samuel Wishner (4/14), Pauline (Maria) Bova (8 Iyar), 4/12; Cantor Louis Malamud (9), 4/19; Rose Shrenkel (18), David Flamhaft (21) 4/26; Harry Buchman (23), Joseph Stark (29) 5/3.
- We recall for Kaddish: Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp, Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller. Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis Strowman, Michael Rubenstein, Menashe Benyaminov. Louis Salko.
- Bob Greenberg in The Gong Show Live, Cutting Room, 44 E. 32 St., 4/4, 7:30 PM. Discount 17:50, passcode CAST, http://gongshowlive3.brownpapertickets.com
- Dave Konig’s Addicted to Show Business, Wednesdays., 8 PM, St Luke’s Theater, 308 W. 46 St.
- Kama Linden’s Birthday show and release party for CD, Southern Comfort, 4/6, 7- 8:30 PM, Two Moon Art House & Café, 315 4th Ave, Brooklyn.
- Aron Bederson directs Line at 13th St. Rep., Saturdays, 9:30 PM; Tickets on TDF Goldstar and at the theatre.
- Register for ArtistsintheKitchen.org’s May 17-19 Festival; $25 covers art exhibited at group shows, homes or local biz. for weekend & beyond, &/or to perform at parties; also volunteer opportunities.
- Randie Levine-Miller’s Broadway Showstopper Divas, starring Anita Gillette, Jackie Hoffman, Jan Maxwell, Betsy Wolfe & Nora Menken, www.metropolitanroom.com, an Actors Fund Benefit, Sunday, 4/14, 7PM, $40.
- Melodies of Spring 4/14, 7:30: Music from opera, Broadway, & the American songbook. Tenor Sergio Marin, Sopranos Marla Kavanaugh and Carmen Amoros, with pianist Ira Allen; Bob Greenberg will MC. Telecharge.
- Rabbi Dov Lipman, Knesset Member, speaks at 92nd St. Y against religious extremism, Thurs. 4/11, 7:30.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- AT Theatre’s shows: Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opening 3/27, a musical parody of the book & hit tunes; Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being Black & Jewish):Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Valerie Brown is available for cleaning projects (closets, stoves, refrigerators). Call Rabbi Jill for Valerie’s contact information. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2013 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.