posted Apr 17, 2013, 2:43 PM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Apr 17, 2013, 2:43 PM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of April 15, 2013
- SHABBAT PM, Friday, 4/19, 7 PM: Service & Oneg Shabbat sponsored by Phyllis Malamud
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, 4/20, 10:30 AM: Service, Bat Mitzvah, and Kiddush Luncheon
- LOOKING AHEAD: Erev Shavuot Potluck Dinner, Service, Study Session, and Oneg; and more.
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown. Reading the Book of Genesis
- MAZEL TOV: Fred and Judy’s Fastow’s first Grandchild
- THANK YOU, DONATIONS, & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEIT AND KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Dave Konig’s show; Caitlin LaBarge’s Importance of Being Ernest in April, Aron Bederson directs Line; Louise Poster sings weekly; AT Shows: Fried Chicken & Latkes, Black Angels Over Tuskegee, Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opens 3/27; & Honestly Abe; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, Valerie Brown, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
- The Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our
Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started
her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is
here on YouTube.
- Visit our
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- Link to Houston Chronicle Article about The Broadway Benefit, Rabbi Jill and Actors’ Temple.
- Link to New York Times Article about Actors’ Temple.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on YouTube; 2012 here and here. 2011 here.
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday April 19, 7 PM: A continuation of Yom
HaZikaron and Yom Haatzmaut, with Judy Buchman joining us to speak, sing
and play, and Oneg Shabbat. Sponsored by Phyllis Malamud in memory of her beloved parents, Cantor Louis Malamud, who served The Actors’ Temple for nearly 40 years, and Hannah Unterman Malamud. We commemorate the Yahrzeit of: Cantor Louis Malamud (9 Iyar).
SHABBAT Morning Service, Saturday, April 20, 10:00 AM: Bat Mitzvah of
Nicolette Cure: Service, and Kiddush Luncheon sponsored by the Cure
Family. Parashot Acharei Mot and Kedoshim. All are invited.
- Saturday, May 4th, 10:30 AM: Bar Mitzvah of Jason Vail. All are invited.
SHAVUOT Service: Tuesday Evening, May 14. Potluck Dairy Dinner at 6:15
and Service at 7 PM, followed by a Study Session and Oneg after the
service. Please bring a dairy/vegetable dish to share. Lilly Galperin
plays a piano program during dinner.
Morning, Wednesday, May 15th, 10:30 AM. Torah Service and chanting of
the Ten Commandments; Yizkor will be said, followed by a holiday Oneg.
- Saturday, May 18th, 10:30 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Sarah Labiner. All are invited.
June 8th, 10 AM, Bat Mitzvah of Charlottle Jones. Kiddush Luncheon
sponsored by Stephen Jones and Heidi Latsky. All are invited.
- Saturday, June 15th, 10:30 AM: Bar Mitzvah of Fred Hechinger. All are invited.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. Reading the Book of Genesis.
- Hebrew School for K-4; Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Mazel Tov to Fred and Judy Fastow on the birth of their first
Grandson, Jacob, to their daughter Ramona and her husband Chad. May he
always be a source of blessings, joy, and nachas!
- A GREAT Big Thank you to Bob Greenberg, who produced, emceed, and starred in the Comedy Benefit; and also to all the comics:
Ross Bennett, Scott Blakeman, Jane Condon, Sandy Ehlers, Mike Fine, Bob
Greenberg, Rhonda Hansome, Doug Kleiman, Dave Konig, Nancy Lombardo,
Stone & Stone, and Steven Scott; to Ira Allen, and so many who helped to make the night a success:
Alec Druth, Jonathan Smith, Jim Verne, Jim Manley, Theresa Greenberg,
Valerie Brown, Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, The Board of Trustees of
The Actors’ Temple, Robert Reicher, Rabbi Jill Hausman; Larry Roberts,
and Angel Villoda, and many others who pitched in to help us.
you to our donors: Andrew Alkon, Aimee Beyda & Daniel Miller,
Robert Brenner, Dan & Norma Feld, Ira Helf, Maria Jelinek, Estelle
Levy, Mike & Lois Libien, Lenore & Irwin Reicher, Ellen
Renstrom, Janice & Lawrence Rogak. Thank you to all Raffle Donors:
Barbara Bova, Florence Cohen, Ed Gaynes, Nancy Lombardo, Carol Ostrow,
and Rabbi Jill.
- Thank you June Stern, who spoke about DC’s Holocaust Museum, Friday, at the Yom HaZikaron service.
- Special thanks to David Bier, Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for the website.
Donations and Giving
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such
as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith
& Ted Tedeschi, Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt
Clark, Ronnie Eulau, Lois Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph
Kashangaki, Mark Landers, Eliyahu Goldsmith, Zell Schwartzman, and Sally
Gerity. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Adar, Nisan; Cantor Louis Malamud (9), 4/19; Rose Shrenkel (18), David Flamhaft (21) 4/26; Harry Buchman (23), Joseph Stark (29) 5/3.
- We recall for Kaddish: Steven
Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp, Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard
Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller. Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis
Strowman, Michael Rubenstein, Menashe Benyaminov. Louis Salko.
- Dave Konig’s Addicted to Show Business, Wednesdays., 8 PM, St Luke’s Theater, 308 W. 46 St.
- Stone and Stone, 4/23 in Gala Concerts for City Greens, Laurie Beechman Theatre at West Bank Cafe, with host Raissa Katona Bennett,
Winner of Songwriting contest announced; 407 W. 42nd St., reception at 7
PM & show at 8:15, call 212 695-6909. Later at 54 Below, Backstage
show, 10:30, call 646 476-3551. Tickets $65.
- Caitlin LaBarge directs and stars in The Importance of Being Ernest, 4/25-28, 133 St. Arts Center, 308 W. 133 St., $15/$18: http://caitybeth.com/Caitybeth.com/The_Importance_of_Being_Earnest.html
- Aron Bederson directs Line at 13th St. Rep., Saturdays, 9:30 PM; Tickets on TDF Goldstar and at the theatre.
- Register for ArtistsintheKitchen.org’s May 17-19 Festival; $25
covers art exhibited at group shows, homes or local biz. for weekend
& beyond, &/or to perform at parties; also volunteer
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- AT Theatre’s shows: Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opening 3/27, a musical parody of the book & hit tunes; Fried Chicken & Latkes
(with Rain Pryor, on being Black & Jewish):Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00
PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Valerie Brown is available for cleaning projects (closets, stoves, refrigerators). Call Rabbi Jill for Valerie’s contact information. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2013 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.