posted Apr 26, 2013, 9:16 AM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Apr 26, 2013, 9:16 AM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of April 22, 2013
- SHABBAT PM, Friday, 4/26, 7 PM: Service & Oneg Shabbat led by Rabbi Robert Teixeira
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, 4/27, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, and Oneg Shabbat, with Rabbi Robert
- LOOKING AHEAD: Erev Shavuot Potluck Dinner, Service, Study Session, and Oneg; and more.
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown. Reading the Book of Genesis
- MAZEL TOV: Fred and Judy’s Fastow’s first Grandchild’s Bris
- THANK YOU, DONATIONS, & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEIT AND KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Dave Konig’s show; Caitlin LaBarge’s Importance of Being Ernest in April, Aron Bederson directs Line; Louise Poster sings weekly; AT Shows: Fried Chicken & Latkes, Black Angels Over Tuskegee, Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opens 3/27; & Honestly Abe; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, Valerie Brown, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
- The Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our
Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started
her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is
here on YouTube.
- Visit our
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- Link to Houston Chronicle Article about The Broadway Benefit, Rabbi Jill and Actors’ Temple.
- Link to New York Times Article about Actors’ Temple.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on YouTube; 2012 here and here. 2011 here.
- SHABBAT, Friday, April 26, 7 PM: Service and Oneg Shabbat, led by Rabbi Robert Teixeira. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Rose Shrenkel (18), David Flamhaft (21).
- SHABBAT AM Service, Saturday, April 27, 10:30 AM: Service,
Discussion, and Oneg Shabbat, Parashat Emor, led by Rabbi Robert
- Saturday, May 4th, 10:30 AM: Bar Mitzvah of Jason Vail. Oneg Sponsored by the Vail Family. All invited.
- Rabbi Jill will also be away the weekend of May 10-11, for the Graduation from college of her son Aaron.
- EREV SHAVUOT Service: Tuesday Evening, May 14. Potluck Dairy
Dinner at 6:15 and Service at 7 PM, followed by a Study Session and Oneg
after the service. Please bring a dairy/vegetable dish to share. Ira
Shimshi will play a piece on harmonica; Lilly Galperin plays a piano
program during dinner.
- Shavuot Morning, Wednesday, May 15th, 10:30 AM. Torah Service
and chanting of the Ten Commandments in a special trope; Yizkor will be
said, followed by a holiday Oneg.
- Saturday, May 18th, 10:30 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Sarah Labiner. All are invited.
- Saturday, June 8th, 10 AM, Bat Mitzvah of Charlotte Jones.
Kiddush Luncheon sponsored by Stephen Jones and Heidi Latsky. All are
- Saturday, June 15th, 10:30 AM: Bar Mitzvah of Fred Hechinger. All are invited.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. Reading the Book of Genesis.
- Hebrew School for K-4; Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Mazel Tov to Fred and Judy Fastow on the Bris of their first
Grandson, Jacob, son of their daughter Ramona and her husband Chad. May
he always be a source of blessings, joy, and nachas!
- Thank you to Phyllis Malamud for sponsoring the Oneg on Friday
in loving memory of her parents, Cantor Louis Malamud and Hannah
Unterman Malamud, and thank you to Judy Buchman who spoke movingly about
Israel and sang and played guitar in honor of Yom HaZikaron and Yom
- Thank you to the Cure Family for the lovely Kiddush Luncheon and
Bat Mitzvah celebration of their daughter Nicolette. Mazel Tov to all
- Special thanks to David Bier, Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for the website.
Donations and Giving
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such
as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith & Ted
Tedeschi, Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark,
Ronnie Eulau, Lois Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki,
Mark Landers, Eliyahu Goldsmith, Zell Schwartzman, and Sally Gerity. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Iyar, Sivan: Rose
Shrenkel (18 Iyar), David Flamhaft (21) 4/26; Harry Buchman (23), Joseph
Stark (29) 5/3; Harry Cohen (4 Sivan) 5/10; Hyman Gordon (4), Mary
Diamond (6), Leonard Schoeman (5/23) 5/17; Sol Simon (16), Matilda Cohen
(19), Minnie Reiter (21), Miriam Walerstein (21) 5/24; Natalie Nadel
(6/4) Sylvia Gordon (6/6) 5/31; Mother Su Nissan (6/10), Bernard Sobin
(6/13); Norman Alschuler (29), 6/7; Lillian Rosner (6/24). Gabriel Jung
- We recall for Kaddish: Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp,
Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller.
Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis Strowman, Michael Rubenstein,
Menashe Benyaminov. Louis Salko.
- Dave Konig’s Addicted to Show Business, Wednesdays., 8 PM, St Luke’s Theater, 308 W. 46 St.
- Stone and Stone, 4/23 in Gala Concerts for City Greens, Laurie Beechman Theatre at West Bank Cafe, with host Raissa Katona Bennett,
Winner of Songwriting contest announced; 407 W. 42nd St., reception at 7
PM & show at 8:15, call 212 695-6909. Later at 54 Below, Backstage
show, 10:30, call 646 476-3551. Tickets $65.
- Caitlin LaBarge directs and stars in The Importance of Being Ernest, 4/25-28, 133 St. Arts Center, 308 W. 133 St., $15/$18: http://caitybeth.com/Caitybeth.com/The_Importance_of_Being_Earnest.html
- Sandy Rosenberg is Mother Superior in Nunsense, Northern Stage, White River Junction, Vermont, 5/1-19 www.northernstage.org; Frau Blucher in Young Frankenstein, Gateway Playhouse, Bellport, LI, 6/12–29, www.gatewayplayhouse.com; & Ogunquit Playhouse, Ogunquit Maine, 7/10-27, www.Ogunquitplayhouse.org
- Marjorie Conn in a monologue by Clifford Odets, 4/27, 7 PM, Stephen Crane House, 508 4th Ave., Asbury Park, NJ. $5.00. Proceeds benefit animal welfare.
- Aron Bederson directs Line at 13th St. Rep., Saturdays, 9:30 PM; Tickets on TDF Goldstar and at the theatre.
- Register for ArtistsintheKitchen.org’s May 17-19 Festival; $25
covers art exhibited at group shows, homes or local biz. for weekend
& beyond, &/or to perform at parties; also volunteer
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- AT Theatre’s shows: Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opening 3/27, a musical parody of the book & hit tunes; Fried Chicken & Latkes
(with Rain Pryor, on being Black & Jewish):Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00
PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Valerie Brown is available for cleaning projects (closets, stoves, refrigerators). Call Rabbi Jill for Valerie’s contact information. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2013 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.