posted Apr 16, 2013, 3:05 PM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Apr 16, 2013, 3:26 PM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of April 8, 2013
- COMEDY BENEFIT & RAFFLE: Monday, 4/8, 7 PM. Come, Laugh, and Support the Synagogue!
- SHABBAT Evening: Friday, 4/12, 7 PM: Israel Independence Service & Oneg Shabbat
- SHABBAT Morning: Saturday, 4/13, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, and Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Erev Shavuot Potluck Dinner, Service, Study Session, and Oneg
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown. Reading the Book of Genesis
- THANK YOU, DONATIONS, & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEIT AND KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Dave Konig’s show; Kama Linden 4/13; Melodies of Spring; Randie Levine Miller’s Showstopper Divas; Caitlin LaBarge’s Ernerst in April, Aron Bederson directs Line; Louise Poster sings weekly; AT Shows: Fried Chicken & Latkes, Black Angels Over Tuskegee, Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opens 3/27; & Honestly Abe; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, Valerie Brown, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
- The Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our
Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started
her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is
here on YouTube.
- Visit our
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- Link to Houston Chronicle Article about The Broadway Benefit, Rabbi Jill and Actors’ Temple.
- Link to New York Times Article about Actors’ Temple.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on YouTube; 2012 here and here. 2011 here.
- COMEDY BENEFIT AND RAFFLE, produced by Bob Greenberg:
Monday, April 8th, 7 PM. Special Guest Stars: Joe Franklin and Elayne
Boosler; New and Returning Comics With New Jokes: Ross
Bennett, Scott Blakeman, Jane Condon, Sandy Ehlers, Mike Fine, Bob
Greenberg, Rhonda Hansome, Doug Kleiman, Dave Konig, Nancy Lombardo,
Stone & Stone, and Steven Scott; with Ira Allen on Piano; in memory of former pianist
Doug Nervick. $35 Advance; $40 at the door & Up. Raffle Prizes:
Tickets to Forbidden Broadway, Fried Chicken & Latkes, Black Angels,
Siren’s Heart, plus original artwork and more!
- SHABBAT PM,
Friday April 12, 7 PM: Israel Memorial Day & Independence Day
Service and Oneg Shabbat. Judy Buchman joins us to speak, sing and
play, and June Stern tells about the 20th Anniversary of the Holocaust
Museum in Washington, DC. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Bernard Krausman (4/12), Samuel Wishner (4/14), Pauline (Maria) Bova (8 Iyar),
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, April 13, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, and Oneg Shabbat, Parashot Tazria & Metzora.
- Please write a review of The Actors’ Temple on YELP.com; and mention our Seder & Comedy Show too!
- Shabbat, Friday, April 19th, 7 PM: Phyllis Malamud sponsors the Oneg Shabbat in memory of her beloved parents, Cantor Louis Malamud, who served The Actors’ Temple for nearly 40 years, and Hannah Unterman Malamud.
- Saturday, April 20th, 10:00 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Nicolette Cure. All are invited.
- Saturday, May 4th, 10:30 AM: Bar Mitzvah of Jason Vail. All are invited.
- SHAVUOT Services: Erev & Morning, May 14 & 15. Potluck Dairy Dinner and Study Session, 5/14.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. Reading the Book of Genesis.
- Hebrew School for K-4; Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Thank you to all those who participated in the Yom
HaShoah Remembrance service: Rabbis Roger Ross and Scott Matous, Cantors
Judy Steel and Jeannie Kwartler; Ella Gregory from The New Synagogue; Judy Buchman Lilly Galperin, Ira Shimshi, and June Stern.
- Thank you to the Pyatsky Family, who sponsored the Kiddush on Saturday in honor of Alexa’s Bat Mitzvah.
- Special thanks to David Bier, Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for the website.
Donations and Giving
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such
as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith
& Ted Tedeschi, Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt
Clark, Ronnie Eulau, Lois Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph
Kashangaki, Mark Landers, Eliyahu Goldsmith, Zell Schwartzman, and Sally
Gerity. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Adar, Nisan;
Bernard Krausman (4/12), Samuel Wishner (4/14), Pauline (Maria) Bova (8
Iyar), 4/12; Cantor Louis Malamud (9), 4/19; Rose Shrenkel (18), David
Flamhaft (21) 4/26; Harry Buchman (23), Joseph Stark (29) 5/3.
- We recall for Kaddish: Steven
Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp, Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard
Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller. Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis
Strowman, Michael Rubenstein, Menashe Benyaminov. Louis Salko.
- Dave Konig’s Addicted to Show Business, Wednesdays., 8 PM, St Luke’s Theater, 308 W. 46 St.
- Kama Linden opens Jazz Art Show at the Gallery, 4/13, 7 PM, 60 Bay Street, Staten Island.
- Melodies of Spring 4/14, 7:30: Music from opera, Broadway, & the American songbook. Tenor Sergio Marin, Sopranos Marla Kavanaugh and Carmen Amoros, with pianist Ira Allen; Bob Greenberg will MC. Telecharge.
- Randie Levine-Miller’s Broadway Showstopper Divas, starring Anita Gillette, Jackie Hoffman, Jan Maxwell, Betsy Wolfe & Nora Menken, www.metropolitanroom.com, an Actors Fund Benefit, Sunday, 4/14, 7PM, $40.
- Caitlin LaBarge directs and stars in The Importance of Being Ernest, 4/25-28, 133 St. Arts Center, 308 W. 133 St., $15/$18: http://caitybeth.com/Caitybeth.com/The_Importance_of_Being_Earnest.html
- Aron Bederson directs Line at 13th St. Rep., Saturdays, 9:30 PM; Tickets on TDF Goldstar and at the theatre.
- Register for ArtistsintheKitchen.org’s May 17-19 Festival; $25
covers art exhibited at group shows, homes or local biz. for weekend
& beyond, &/or to perform at parties; also volunteer
- Rabbi Dov Lipman, Knesset Member, speaks at 92nd St. Y against religious extremism, Thurs. 4/11, 7:30.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- AT Theatre’s shows: Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opening 3/27, a musical parody of the book & hit tunes; Fried Chicken & Latkes
(with Rain Pryor, on being Black & Jewish):Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00
PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Valerie Brown is available for cleaning projects (closets, stoves, refrigerators). Call Rabbi Jill for Valerie’s contact information. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
Doings: Rabbi Jill read names at the Yom HaShoah Remembrance, sponsored
by the JCC, among other Rabbis of the West Side on Sunday night.
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2013 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.