posted Jan 3, 2013, 9:24 AM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Jan 3, 2013, 9:24 AM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of December 31, 2012
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday, January 4, 7 PM: Service and Oneg Shabbat
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, January 5, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Winter Package Delivery, Tu B’Shevat Seder, Jewish Films, and More!
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown.
- THANK YOU
- DONATIONS & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEITS & KADDISH
- GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING ITEMS FOR THE ANNOUNCEMENTS
EVENTS: Heidi Latsky new work, AT Broadway Benefit now on utube;
Jewish Film Festival; Estelle Levy’s Art, Marjorie Conn’s Play; Last Seder discounted; Louise Poster sings weekly, Adon Olam Video on Youtube; AT Shows; Siren’s Heart, Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels. & Honestly Abe, AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seek clients; Violin lessons for adults or kids.
About The Actors’ Temple
Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. A New York Times article on Nov 19, 2011 about us.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday, January 4, 7 PM: Service and Oneg Shabbat. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Mortimer Solomon Libien (Tevet 21), Father of Shirley Lauro (22), Frieda Simon (24).
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, January 5, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg, Parashat Shemot.
- Jewish Film Festival at Walter Reade Theater, January 9, 6 PM: Susskind (saving children during Holocaust), January 24, 6 PM: Let's Dance (Israeli Dance Groups) & Life In Stills (saving imp. photos); Please contact Florence Cohen: email@example.com or 212 645-4610 for more information. $14.50 adults, $10.50 seniors, for each evening; location: 165 W. 65th St.
- Winter Package Delivery with Dorot: Sunday, January 13, 10-12. Contact Florence Cohen to help (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tu B’Shevat Seder, Friday, January 25, 6:30 PM. Musical Service, Mystical Seder and Dinner. By voluntary donation, with pianist James Besser.
Anyone wishing to perform thematically related music please email Rabbi
Jill. Volunteers wishing to bring fruits, nuts (dates,
oranges/tangerines, pomegranates, olives, figs, carob, almonds, walnuts,
grapes, peanuts, raisins, red & white wine, red and white grape
juice, please contact Rabbi Jill to offer to bring one item.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying the Proverbs in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Special thanks to Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, David Bier, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help.
- Thank you to Daniel Miller for all his work on the website each and every week.
Donations and Giving
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event
such as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela
Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud,
Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, Lois Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph
Kashangaki, Eliyahu Goldsmith. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Tevet) Mortimer
Solomon Libien (21), Father of Shirley Lauro Tevet (22), Frieda Simon
(24), 1/4; Molly Hammer (29), Isa Greenberg (29), Bertram Kay (29),
Milton Brownstein, (Jan) 1/11; David Rosner (1/17), Father of Su Nissan
(1/22), 1/18; Charles Teitelbaum (1/25) Jonas Speciner (1/27), Edward
Helf (1/30) 1/25.
- We recall for Kaddish: Dan
Levine, Tom Hall, Mitchell Fastow, Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp,
Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller.
Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis Strowman.
Guidelines for Submitting Items for the Announcements
We are happy to accept events to post in the Announcements. In
the future, please submit an email to Rabbi Jill listing the following
information: 1) Name of Event, 2) Dates, 3) Location, 4) Contact
information, 5) Name of person submitting the information. Please do not simply forward a flyer. Thank you very much.
- HeidiLatskyDance’s open invited rehearsal of a new work: 1/14, 2:45 PM, New 42nd St. Studios, 229 W. 42 St. RSVP: Dev. Dir. Jamie Jung; email@example.com.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on utube: http://youtu.be/7g9zr5MwW-M
- Jewish Film Festival Jan. 9-24 at Walter Reade Theater: Those interested in attending please contact Florence Cohen: firstname.lastname@example.org or 212 645-4610.
- Estelle Levy showing 2 works: 1/8-19, Highline Loft, 508 W. 26 St. # 5D. Reception 1/12, 2-4:30; also Uphill Gallery in Dobbs Ferry 1/3-27, and Williamsburg Art Center, Brooklyn, 1/26-2-24.
- Marjorie Conn performing in her own play, At A Snail’s Pace, Snowballs Festival, Saturday, 1/19, 3 PM, 81 White Street. More details at http://snowballsfestival.wordpress.com/
- The Last Seder,
discounted, thru 1/13, Theater 3, 311 W. 43 St., 3rd Flr., code FRIEND1
for $16 tickets: Thurs.– Sat., 8 PM, (also 12/3 & 19) Sun. 3 PM
(also 12/12 & 19), A dysfunctional family...just like yours!
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- Interfaith Trip to Israel, with Rabbi Roger Ross, 3/4-3/16, info at HeartofFaithPilgrimages.com.
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is here on YouTube (or search for "actors temple adon olam"). Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being Black and Jewish): Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Siren’s Heart (about Marilyn Monroe). Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
- Lila Pollack,
educated at Eastman & Royal Academy, London, seeking violin
students, in fun, friendly lessons, flexible fees. Good with children,
will travel to your home. Call 718-856-3418.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
email@example.com ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2012 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.