posted Dec 6, 2012, 9:15 AM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Dec 6, 2012, 9:15 AM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of December 3, 2012
- SHABBAT PM, Friday, December 7, 7 PM: Human Rights Shabbat Service & Sponsored Oneg
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, December 8, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Shabbat Chanukah Open Mike, Winter Package Delivery, and More!
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown
- DONATIONS & GIVING
- THANK YOU & MAZEL TOV
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEITS & KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Jackie Hoffman’s A Chanukah Charol, 12/8-29; The Last Seder discounted; Louise Poster sings weekly, Kama Linden performs; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; AT Shows; Siren’s Heart, Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels. & Honestly Abe, AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seek clients; Violin lessons for adults or kids.
About The Actors’ Temple
Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. A New York Times article on Nov 19, 2011 about us.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- Human Rights Shabbat: Friday, December 7, 7 PM, Tikkun Olam for
everyone. Oneg sponsored by Sally Gerity in memory of her Father, Sydney
Goldfarb. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Albert Jack Nadel, Sydney
Goldfarb (12/7), Chana Waldman (12/10) Rebecca Naomi Barrie (23), Mother
of Shirley Lauro (27), Jacob Svei (27).
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, December 8, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg, Parashat Vayeishev.
SANDY RELIEF EFFORT: We recommend that you make donations to the charities of your choice which are working to provide relief and assistance to those affected.
- Shabbat Chanukah Latke Party, Potluck Dinner, Sing-Along, &
Open Mike, Friday Dec. 14, 6-10 PM. Dinner at 6, Service with Sing-Along
at 7, Open Mike after the service. Latkes & good cheer provided.
Accompanist Lana Schulman will be at the piano. All are invited!
- 3rd Shabbat Torah Chanting Service, Saturday, December 15th, Parashat Mikketz.
- Winter Package Delivery with Dorot: Sunday, January 13, 10-12. Contact Florence Cohen to help.
- Tu B’Shevat Seder, Friday, January 25, 6:30 PM. Service, Mystical Seder and Dinner.
- Weekly Torah Study: Class resumes October 10. Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying
the Psalms in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. To call in on
speakerphone please make a reservation on Wednesday by calling Rabbi
Jill and leaving a message.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg: https://sites.google.com/site/actorstemplehebrewschool
Thank You and Mazel Tov
- Thank you to Randie Levine-Miller who produced the
fabulous Broadway Benefit for The Actors’ Temple and raised much needed
funds; and to all the marvelous performers: Douglas Cohen, Jamie deRoy,
Shana Farr, Tom Gamblin, Jackie Hoffman, Paul Katz, Richard Kind, Alice
Levine, Dana Lorge, Marilyn Michaels, Sidney Meyer, Jill O’Hara, Tony
Roberts, Johnny Rogers, Tony Sheldon, Stacy Sullivan, Deborah Tranelli,
Sal Viviano, William Michals, & Paul Chamlin. We are so grateful!
Thank you to all those who took ads in our program: Renee & Justin
Greenstein, Alan Kifferstein & Joan Finkelstein, Matthew Libien,
Phyllis Malamud, Bob Reicher, Alan & Marilyn Rothstein, Charles
Solomon at Riverside Memorial Chapel, Conrad Strohl at Café Edison, and
George Stonbely; thank you to Bob Greenberg, the Felds, Valerie Brown
and Bob Reicher for greeting and ushering. Thank you to all who came and
supported the synagogue!
- Thank you to Ira Helf, Jonathan
Lovitz, and Bob Reicher who publicized our LGBT Shabbat and made many
new friends for the synagogue, and to Ira Helf who sponsored the Oneg in
memory of his Mother, Bernice Helf. Thank you to Lilly Galperin who
played a lovey piano prelude. Thank you to Louise Poster who sponsored
the Oneg on Saturday in honor of her son Jeffrey’s Birthday. Special
thanks to Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, Aimee Beyda, and others for
setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate
Donations and Giving
leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180.
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat
or a Musical Service, in honor of: Birthdays Anniversaries, Births,
Graduations or any Simcha.
- We welcome the celebration of an Aufruf,
Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, or Life Cycle event.
- Chair Plaques can be
personalized & donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’
Temple in your will.
- We are available for Memorial Services and we have
Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Micha ben Dovid; Dalita
Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, Lois
Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Eliyahu Goldsmith.
We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Kislev) Albert Jack Nadel, Sydney
Goldfarb (12/7), Chana Waldman (12/10) Rebecca Naomi Barrie (23), Mother
of Shirley Lauro (27), Jacob Svei (27), 12/7; Abraham Lieberman (12/18)
- We recall for Kaddish: Dan Levine, Tom Hall, Marion Griffel,
Susan Beck, Mitchell Fastow, Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp, Miriam
Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller, Dorothy
Platt, George Greenstein.
- Jackie Hoffman in A Chanukah Charol, 12/8-29: Fridays & Saturdays, 8 PM, New World Stages, 340 W. 50 St. (8th-9th Aves.), Tickets $39.50 at Telecharge or New World Stages box office.
- Jan Handler’s sculpture, for sale, in the Holiday Show at the Art Students League, 12/7-23.
- Kama Linden sings in Nyack 12/16 and Tarrytown, 12/22. http://www.kamalinden.com
- The Last Seder,
12/1-20, Theater 3, 311 W. 43 St., 3rd Flr., code FRIEND1 for $16
tickets: Thurs.– Sat., 8 PM, (also 12/3 & 19) Sun. 3 PM (also 12/12
& 19), A dysfunctional family...just like yours!
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- Interfaith Trip to Israel, with Rabbi Roger Ross, 3/4-3/16, info at HeartofFaithPilgrimages.com.
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is here on YouTube (or search for "actors temple adon olam"). Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being Black and Jewish): Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Siren’s Heart (about Marilyn Monroe). Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale),
212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
Pollack, educated at Eastman & Royal Academy, London, seeking
violin students, in fun, friendly lessons, flexible fees. Good with
children, will travel to your home. Call 718-856-3418.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2012 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.