posted Feb 21, 2013, 8:14 AM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Feb 21, 2013, 8:14 AM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of February 18, 2013
- PLAQUE PRICE INCREASE & MEMBERSHIP: Please Remember to Order & Renew!
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday, 2/22, 7 PM: Service and Oneg Shabbat.
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, 2/23, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- PURIM CELEBRATON, Saturday, 2/23, 7 PM: Service, Megillah Reading, Original Spiel, and Refreshments
- LOOKING AHEAD: Shabbat Across America 3/1, Package Delivery 3/17, Pesach Seder 3/26
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown. No class on 2/20.
- THANK YOU, DONATIONS, & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEIT AND KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Heidi Latsky Dance’s Events; Peg O My Heart 2/19; Dave Konig’s new show begins 2/20; Visit & Support JASA’s Club 76; Estelle Levy’s Art; AT Broadway Benefit on Youtube; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; Louise Poster sings weekly; AT Shows: Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels Over Tuskegee, New Show, Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, open 3/27; & Honestly Abe, AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
- The Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our
Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started
her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is
here on YouTube.
- Visit our
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday, February 22, 7 PM:. Service and Oneg Shabbat. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Arthur Stricker (12), Esther Fingerman (12), Batya Chiah Hahn (15), Fannie Klein (17), Natalia Galperin (2/24).
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, February 23, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat, Parashat Tetzavah
- PURIM CELEBRATON: Original Purim Spiel: The Trial of Haman or Odor in the Court. Service, and much hilarity on Saturday, February 23, 7 PM, written by Bob Greenberg, with song parodies by Judy Buchman; including professional comedians and actors and pianist James Besser. Refreshments after the Spiel.
- PLAQUE PRICE INCREASE: For orders after 3/1. Current prices for Small, Medium & Large: $300, $1200, & $1800 will increase to $360, $1400 & $2000. Order this week to beat the rise in price.
- Please remember to renew your memberships by phone, fax, mail, or online. Dues are only $75/person!
- Shabbat Across America, Friday March 1, 6 PM: Potluck Dinner and Learner’s Service. Service begins at 7 PM. Lilly Galperin plays a piano program during dinner. Please bring a fish/dairy/ vegetarian dish to share.
- Passover Package Delivery to needy and homebound Seniors with Dorot, Sunday, March 17, 10-Noon. Please contact Florence Cohen or Michael Verdel. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Second Passover Seder, Tuesday, March 26th, 6 PM. A full seder and catered fish/dairy/vegetarian dinner. Menu forthcoming soon. Members $60, Nonmembers $80, Children 10-21 $25, Under 10 Free. Anyone needing a voucher from UJA Federation please contact Rabbi Jill or the Office.
- Comedy Benefit, produced by Bob Greenberg: Monday, April 8th, 7 PM. New and Returning Comics With New Jokes, including:
Ross Bennett, Scott Blakeman, Jane Condon, Sandy Ehlers, Mike Fine, Joe
Franklin, Bob Greenberg, Doug Kleiman, Dave Konig, Nancy Lombardo,
Marla Schultz, Stone & Stone, and Steven Scott; with Ira Allen on
Piano; in memory of former pianist Doug Nervick. $35 Advance; $40 at the door.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying the Proverbs in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. No class on 2/20.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Thank you to Torah Chanters Aron Bederson, Daniel Benyamin, Harry Ellison, and Peter Tedeschi.
- Special thanks to Michael Verdel, David Bier, Peter Tedeschi, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for all his work on the website each and every week.
Donations and Giving
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such
as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Dalita
Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, Lois
Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Mark Landers,
Eliyahu Goldsmith. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Shevat, Adar)
Arthur Stricker (12), Esther Fingerman (12), Batya Chiah Hahn (15),
Fannie Klein (17), Natalia Galperin( 2/24), 2/22; Jack Spegal, Rose
Greenberg (20), Stanley Goldstein (25), Susan Jaslow (21), Harold
Walerstein (22), 3/1; Rachel Bloomenfield, Seymour Wolf (27), Sylvia
Freeman (28), Lee Schoeman (3/13), John Gerity (3/13) 3/8; Melvin Troy
- We recall for Kaddish: Dan
Levine, Tom Hall, Mitchell Fastow, Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp,
Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller.
Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis Strowman, Michael Rubenstein.
- Heidi Latsky Dance’s Somewhere (work-in-progress)
& Talkback, 3/9, 2-3:30 PM, JCC, 334 Amst Ave., RSVP (646)
505-5708, Free. Lecture Demonstration 3/11, 5:30 PM, NY Pub. Lib., 203
W. 115 St.; Somewhere (work-in-progress) 3/20, 2 PM, FIT, Haft. Aud, 227 W. 27 St., $10.
- Peg O’ My Heart by Karin Kayne: reading at York Theater; Tuesday, 2/19, 3 PM; reserve free tickets online only: http://www.yorktheatre.org/
- Addicted to Show Business, written & performed by Dave Konig, directed by Ian Finkel; Previews begin 2/ 20; Runs every Wed., 8 PM, St Luke’s Theater, 308 W. 46 St.
- Please visit JASA’s Club 76,
120 W. 76 St., 212-712-0170, Mon.-Fri., 8 AM- 4 PM: Kosher Breakfast
& Lunch daily. A variety of health-related programs, discussion
groups, entertainment, workshops, case management and entitlement
counseling available. Your visits will keep them open and help them to
- Estelle Levy’s Art: Williamsburg Art Center, Brooklyn, 1/26-2/24.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- Link to Houston Chronicle Article about The Broadway Benefit, Rabbi Jill and Actors’ Temple.
- Link to New York Times Article about Actors’ Temple.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on YouTube; 2012 here and here. 2011 here.
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, now on YouTube. Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows: Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opening 3/27, a musical parody of the book & hit tunes; Fried Chicken & Latkes
(with Rain Pryor, on being Black & Jewish):Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00
PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
email@example.com ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2013 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.