posted Feb 27, 2013, 11:43 AM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Mar 4, 2013, 7:39 PM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of February 25, 2013
- PLAQUE PRICE INCREASE & MEMBERSHIP: Please Remember to Order by Wednesday & Renew!
- SHABBAT ACROSS AMERICA: Friday, 3/1, 7 PM Learner’s Service and Oneg Shabbat.
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday,3/2, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Passover Package Delivery 3/17, Pesach Seder 3/26, Comedy Benefit 4/8
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown.
- THANK YOU, DONATIONS, & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEIT AND KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Stone & Stone 2/25; Heidi Latsky Dance’s Events; Dave Konig’s new show; Marjorie Conn’s plays; Melodies of Spring Concert; Randie Levine Miller’s Showstopping Divas;
Visit & Support JASA’s Club 76; Estelle Levy’s Art; AT Broadway
Benefit on Youtube; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; Louise Poster sings
weekly; AT Shows: Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels Over Tuskegee,
New Show, Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opens 3/27; & Honestly Abe, AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
- The Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our
Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started
her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is
here on YouTube.
- Visit our
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- Link to Houston Chronicle Article about The Broadway Benefit, Rabbi Jill and Actors’ Temple.
- Link to New York Times Article about Actors’ Temple.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on YouTube; 2012 here and here. 2011 here.
- SHABBAT ACROSS AMERICA, Friday March 1, 6 PM: Potluck Dinner and Learner’s Service. Service at 7 PM. Please bring a fish/dairy/ vegetarian dish to share. Lilly Galperin, piano
plays songs from Medieval Spain, Latin America, USA, Israel, France
Italy, German, and Austria during dinner. We commemorate the Yahrzeits
of: Jack Spegal, Rose Greenberg (20), Stanley Goldstein (25), Susan Jaslow (21), Harold Walerstein (22).
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, March 2, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat, Parashat Ki Tissa.
- PLAQUE PRICE INCREASE: PLEASE ORDER BY WEDNESDAY, 2/26, to beat the price increase! Current prices: Small, Medium & Large: $300, $1200, & $1800 will increase to $360, $1400 & $2000.
- Please remember to renew your memberships by phone, fax, mail, or online. Dues are only $75/person!
- Passover Package Delivery to needy and homebound Seniors with Dorot, Sunday, March 17, 10-Noon. Please contact Florence Cohen or Michael Verdel. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Community Second Passover Seder, Tuesday, March 26th, 6 PM. A full seder and catered fish/dairy/vegetarian dinner. Menu forthcoming soon. Members $60, Nonmembers $80, Children 10-21 $25, Under 10 Free. Anyone needing a voucher from UJA Federation please contact Rabbi Jill or the Office.
- Comedy Benefit, produced by Bob Greenberg: Monday, April 8th, 7 PM. New and Returning Comics With New Jokes:
Ross Bennett, Scott Blakeman, Jane Condon, Sandy Ehlers, Mike Fine, Joe
Franklin, Bob Greenberg, Rhonda Hansome, Doug Kleiman, Dave Konig,
Nancy Lombardo, Stone & Stone, and Steven Scott; with Ira Allen on
Piano; in memory of former pianist Doug Nervick. $35 Advance; $40 at the door.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying the Proverbs in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Thank you to all who performed in the Purim Spiel, written by Bob Greenberg, with song parodies by Judy Buchman; including Joe
Bev, Judy Buchman, Brute Force & Daughter, Florence Cohen, Marjorie
Conn, Lilly Galperin, Bob Greenberg, Steve Greenstein, Rabbi Jill,
Suzanne Katchko, Megan Paznik, Peter Tedeschi, & pianist James Besser. Thank you to Peter Tedeschi for chanting from the Megillah. Thank you to all who set up and cleaned up the Oneg: Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, the Felds, and many others.
- Special thanks to Michael Verdel, David Bier, Peter Tedeschi, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for all his work on the website each and every week.
Donations and Giving
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such
as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith
Tedeschi, Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark,
Ronnie Eulau, Lois Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki,
Mark Landers, Eliyahu Goldsmith Sally Gerity. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Shevat, Adar)
Jack Spegal, Rose Greenberg (20), Stanley Goldstein (25), Susan Jaslow
(21), Harold Walerstein (22), 3/1; Rachel Bloomenfield, Seymour Wolf
(27), Sylvia Freeman (28), Lee Schoeman (3/13), John Gerity (3/13) 3/8;
Melvin Troy (3/21) 3/15.
- We recall for Kaddish: Dan
Levine, Tom Hall, Mitchell Fastow, Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp,
Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller.
Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis Strowman, Michael Rubenstein.
- Stone and Stone Show, Mon., 2/25th, 8 PM, The PIT, 123 E. 24th St.( Park-Lex), $10
- Heidi Latsky Dance’s Somewhere (work-in-progress)
& Talkback, 3/9, 2-3:30 PM, JCC, 334 Amst Ave., RSVP (646)
505-5708, Free. Lecture Demonstration 3/11, 5:30 PM, NY Pub. Lib., 203
W. 115 St.; Somewhere (work-in-progress) 3/20, 2 PM, FIT, Haft. Aud, 227 W. 27 St., $10.
- Addicted to Show Business, written & performed by Dave Konig, directed by Ian Finkel; Previews begin 2/ 20; Runs every Wed., 8 PM, St Luke’s Theater, 308 W. 46 St.
- Marjorie Conn’s 2 short plays, 3/21, 8 PM Arthur Seelen Theater, 250 W. 40th St., Pay What You Can.
- Melodies of Spring 4/14, 7:30: Music from opera, Broadway, & the American songbook. Tenor Sergio Marin, Sopranos Marla Kavanaugh and Carmen Amoros, with pianist Ira Allen; Bob Greenberg will MC. Telecharge.
- Randie Levine-Miller’s Showstopping Divas Sunday, April 14, Metropolitan Room, for the Actors’ Fund, $40.
- Mazel Tov to Hank Eulau, who was seen on TV last week. He worked and his scene was included in the show.
- Trailer for Marcello Bendotti’s Film, Gay Gardens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqsOUU0MEUE
- Please visit JASA’s Club 76,
120 W. 76 St., 212-712-0170, Mon.-Fri., 8 AM- 4 PM: Kosher Breakfast
& Lunch. Your visits will keep them open and help them to retain
- Estelle Levy’s Art: Williamsburg Art Center, Brooklyn, 1/26-2/24.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, now on YouTube. Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows: Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opening 3/27, a musical parody of the book & hit tunes; Fried Chicken & Latkes
(with Rain Pryor, on being Black & Jewish):Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00
PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2013 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.