posted Feb 8, 2013, 1:35 PM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Feb 8, 2013, 1:35 PM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of February 4, 2013
- SHABBAT Evening: Friday, 2/8, 7 PM Service and Oneg Shabbat
- SHABBAT Morning: Saturday, 2/9, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Membership, Purim Spiel 2/23, Shabbat Across US 3/1, Pesach Seder 3/26
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown.
- THANK YOU
- DONATIONS & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEIT AND KADDISH
EVENTS: Dave Konig’s new show begins 2/20; Estelle Levy’s Art; AT
Broadway Benefit on Youtube; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; Louise Poster
sings weekly; AT Shows: Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels Over
Tuskegee,. & Honestly Abe, AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita
Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is here on YouTube.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday, February 8th, 7 PM:. Service and Oneg Shabbat..We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Barry
Linden (29), Irving Lerner (29), Gertrude Speciner (2/11) Jenee Bandler
(30), Harry Crysostomas (2/11), Frances Friedman (29), Jerry Ames,
Michael Di Roma (3 Adar).
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, February 9th, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat, Parashat Mishpatim.
- A MEMBERSHIP mailing went out this week. Please remember to renew your memberships by phone, fax, mail, or online. Dues are only $75/person or $150/family! PLEASE support your synagogue!
Celebration: Original Purim Spiel. Service, and much hilarity on
Saturday, February 23, 7 PM, written by Bob Greenberg, with song
parodies by Judy Buchman; acted by professional comedians and actors and
with pianist James Besser. Refreshments after the Spiel.
- 3rd Shabbat AM Torah Chanting: Saturday, 2/16, Parashat Terumah, with Torah chanters: Aron Bederson, Daniel Benyamin, Harry Ellison, Jonathan Lovitz, and Peter Tedeschi.
- Shabbat Across America, Friday March 1, 6 PM: Potluck Dinner and Learner’s Service. Service begins at 7 PM. Lilly Galperin will play a piano program during dinner. Please bring a fish/dairy/ vegetarian dish to share.
- Community Second Passover Seder, Tuesday, March 26th, 6 PM. A full seder and catered fish/dairy/vegetarian dinner. Details and menu forthcoming in a few weeks. Please make reservations in March.
- Comedy Benefit, produced by Bob Greenberg: Monday, April 8th, 7 PM. New Comics and Returning Comics With New Jokes, including:
Ross Bennett, Scott Blakeman, Jane Condon, Sandy Ehlers, Mike Fine, Joe
Franklin, Bob Greenberg, Doug Kleiman, Dave Konig, Nancy Lombardo,
Marla Schultz, Stone & Stone, and Steven Scott; with Ira Allen on
Piano; in memory of former pianist Doug Nervick. $35 Advance; $40 at the door.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying the Proverbs in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. No class on 2/20.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Thank you to Barbara Nathan who sponsored the Oneg in memory of her Mother, Emily Rantz’ Yahrzeit and 100th Birthday and friend, Harry Chrysostomas’ Yahrzeit.
- Special thanks to Michael Verdel, David Bier, Peter Tedeschi, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for all his work on the website each and every week.
Donations and Giving
- Thank you to Lois and Howard Lowsky for a donation in memory of Mortimer Solomon Libien.
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such
as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Dalita
Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, Lois
Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Mark Landers,
Eliyahu Goldsmith. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Shevat, Adar)
Barry Linden (29), Irving Lerner (29), Gertrude Speciner (2/11) Jenee
Bandler (30), Harry Crysostomas (2/11), Frances Friedman (29), Jerry
Ames, Michael DiRoma (3 Adar), 2/8; Irving Howard (5), 2/4; Harry Feld,
Edward Fingerman, Rebecca Klinger Father (7), Ida Libien (8), 2/15;
Arthur Stricker (12), Esther Fingerman (12), Batya Chiah Hahn (15),
Fannie Klein (17), Natalia Galperin( 2/24), 2/22; Jack Spegal, Rose
Greenberg (20), Stanley Goldstein (25), Susan Jaslow (21), Harold
Walerstein (22), 3/1; Rachel Bloomenfield, Seymour Wolf (27), Sylvia
Freeman (28), Lee Schoeman (3/13), John Gerity (3/13) 3/8; Melvin Troy
- We recall for Kaddish: Dan
Levine, Tom Hall, Mitchell Fastow, Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp,
Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller.
Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis Strowman, Michael Rubenstein.
- Addicted to Show Business, written & performed by Dave Konig, directed by Ian Finkel; Previews begin 2/ 20; Runs every Wed., 8 PM, St Luke’s Theater, 308 W. 46 St.
- Estelle Levy’s Art: Williamsburg Art Center, Brooklyn, 1/26-2-24.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- Link to Houston Chronicle Article about The Broadway Benefit, Rabbi Jill and Actors’ Temple.
- Link to New York Times Article about Actors’ Temple.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on YouTube; 2012 here and here. 2011 here.
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, now on YouTube. Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows Fried Chicken & Latkes
(with Rain Pryor, on being Black & Jewish):Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00
PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
email@example.com ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2013 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.