posted Jan 17, 2013, 1:39 PM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Jan 23, 2013, 4:01 PM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of January 14, 2013
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday, January 18, 7 PM: Service and sponsored Oneg Shabbat
- 3rd SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, January 19, 10:30 AM: Torah Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Trip to a Deli; Tu B’Shevat Seder, Jewish Films, and More!
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown.
- THANK YOU
- DONATIONS & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEITS & KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Heidi Latsky new work, Say Yes! Choral Concert 1/17; Audition
Coaching/Showcases; Estelle Levy’s Art, Marjorie Conn’s Play; Dave
Konig in NYC, AT in Houston Chronicle; Louise Poster sings weekly, AT
Broadway Benefit now on utube; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; AT Shows; Siren’s Heart, Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels. & Honestly Abe, AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is here on YouTube.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday, January 18, 7 PM: Service and Oneg Shabbat, Remembering Abraham Joshua Heschl and Martin Luther King, sponsored by Iris Pagan in memory of the birthday of her Mother, Helen Karp. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: David Rosner, Emily Rantz, (1/17), and the Father of Su Nissan (1/22).
- 3rd SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, January 19, 10:30 AM: Torah Chanting Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat, Parashat Bo; with Torah Chanters: Daniel Benyamin, Harry Ellison, and Peter Tedeschi.
- Trip to the Deli: Steve Greenstein leads us to the Bronx, Monday, January 21, 2:45 PM, for a neighborhood tour of Kingsbridge, stopping at an Entenmann’s Outlet, and owner-operated Loeser’s Deli, serving the best Brisket & Pastrami in NY. Please RSVP to Rabbi Jill. Meet at the front of the uptown #1 train at 59th
Street, leaving at 3 PM Sharp! Bring money for dinner & cakes
(& a shopping bag). Option to go ice skating for those who wish,
after the Deli.
- Jewish Film Festival at Walter Reade Theater, January 24, 6 PM: Let's Dance (Israeli Dance Groups) & Life In Stills (saving imp. photos); Please contact Florence Cohen: firstname.lastname@example.org
or 212 645-4610 for more information. $14.50 adults, $10.50 seniors,
for each evening; location: 165 W. 65th St.
- Tu B’Shevat Seder, Friday, January 25, 6:30 PM. Musical Service, Mystical Seder and Dinner. By voluntary donation, with pianist James Besser. Anyone wishing to perform thematically related music please email Rabbi Jill.
Volunteers wishing to bring fruits, nuts (dates, oranges/tangerines,
pomegranates, olives, carob, almonds, walnuts, grapes, peanuts, raisins,
red & white wine, red and white grape juice, organic if possible,
please contact Rabbi Jill to bring one item. Lilly Galperin plays piano during dinner: A Journey with a Song: songs from Spain, The Americas, France, Italy, and Austria.
- Barbara Nathan Sponsors the Oneg Shabbat on Friday, February 1, in memory of her Mother, Emily Rantz’ 1/17 Yahrzeit and 100th Birthday on 1/23; and friend, Harry Chrysostomas’ yahrzeit 2/11.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying the Proverbs in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Thank you to Dorothy Strowman and Philip M. Strowman, for their kind donation in honor of the memory of their brother, Louis Strowman.
- Thank you to Florence Cohen and Michael Verdel, for coordinating the Package Delivery to Jewish Seniors through Dorot. Volunteers will be listed next week.
- Thank you to Rabbi Robert Teixeira for officiating at last Saturday’s Shabbat service.
- Special thanks to Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, David Bier, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for all his work on the website each and every week.
Donations and Giving
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event
such as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei,
Judith Tedeschi, Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt
Clark, Ronnie Eulau, Lois Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph
Kashangaki, Mark Landers, Eliyahu Goldsmith. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We send our deep sympathy to Dalita Rubenstein, whose brother passed away last week. We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Tevet)
David Rosner, Emily Rantz, (1/17), Father of Su Nissan (1/22), 1/18;
Charles Teitelbaum (1/25) Jonas Speciner (1/27), Edward Helf (1/30)
- We recall for Kaddish: Dan
Levine, Tom Hall, Mitchell Fastow, Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp,
Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller.
Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis Strowman.
- Heidi Latsky Dance’s open invited rehearsal of a
new work: 1/14, 2:45 PM, New 42nd St. Studios, 229 W. 42 St. RSVP: Dev.
Dir. Jamie Jung; email@example.com.
- Say Yes! Choral Concert celebrating 3 Faiths, by ActorCor, Thursday, 1/17, 7:30 PM, All Souls Unitarian Church, 80th & Lex. $10 Suggested Donation.
- Seth Bisen-Hersh
offers $10 off on audition coaching in Jan. & extra $10 off for
Jan. referrals; he has auditions for spring showcases, Thurs, 1/24.
- Estelle Levy showing 2 works: 1/8-19, Highline Loft, 508 W. 26 St. # 5D. Reception 1/12, 2-4:30; also Uphill Gallery in Dobbs Ferry 1/3-27, and Williamsburg Art Center, Brooklyn, 1/26-2-24.
- Marjorie Conn performing in her own play, At A Snail’s Pace, Snowballs Festival, Saturday, 1/19, 3 PM, 81 White Street. More details at http://snowballsfestival.wordpress.com.
- Comedians Dave Konig, Michele Balan, Cory Kahaney, Max Alexander, & Melvin George: Wed. 1/23, 7PM, Museum of Jewish Heritage, 36 Battery Pl., $15, http://www.mjhnyc.org/calendar.html#hava.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- Link to Houston Chronicle Article about The Broadway Benefit, Rabbi Jill and Actors’ Temple.
- Link to New York Times Article about Actors’ Temple.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on YouTube.
- Interfaith Trip to Israel, with Rabbi Roger Ross, 3/4-3/16, info at HeartofFaithPilgrimages.com.
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is here on YouTube (or search for "actors temple adon olam"). Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being Black and Jewish): Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Siren’s Heart (about Marilyn Monroe). Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
- Lila Pollack,
educated at Eastman & Royal Academy, London, seeking violin
students, in fun, friendly lessons, flexible fees. Good with children,
will travel to your home. Call 718-856-3418.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2013 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.