posted Feb 1, 2013, 12:37 PM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Feb 1, 2013, 12:37 PM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of January 28, 2013
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday 2/1: Service and Oneg Shabbat Sponsored by Barbara Nathan
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, 2/2: Service, Discussion, and Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Membership, Purim Spiel 2/23, Shabbat Across US 3/1; Pesach Seder 3/26
- THANK YOU
- DONATIONS & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEITS & KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS:
Stone & Stone 1/28; Dave Konig’s new show begins 2/20; Estelle
Levy’s Art, AT in Houston Chronicle; Louise Poster sings weekly, AT
Broadway Benefit now on utube; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; AT Shows; Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels. & Honestly Abe, AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is here on YouTube.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday, February 1, 7 PM: Service and Oneg Shabbat. Barbara Nathan Sponsors the Oneg in memory of her Mother, Emily Rantz’ 1/17 Yahrzeit and 100th Birthday on 1/23; and friend, Harry Chrysostomas’ Yahrzeit 2/11.We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Abraham Diamond (24 Shevat) and Albert Rothstein (25).
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, February 2, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat, Parashat Yitro.
- A Membership mailing goes out this week. Please remember to
renew your memberships by phone, fax, mail, or online. Dues are only
$75/person or $150/family! PLEASE support your synagogue!
Celebration: Original Purim Spiel. Service, and much hilarity on
Saturday, February 23, 7 PM, written by Bob Greenberg and acted by
professional comedians and actors. All who wish to participate, please
contact Rabbi Jill.
- 3rd Shabbat AM Torah Chanting: Saturday, 2/16, Parashat Terumah. Please contact Rabbi Jill to chant.
Across America, Friday March 1, 6 PM: Potluck Dinner and Learner’s
Service. Lilly Galperin will play a piano program during dinner.
- Community Second Passover Seder, Tuesday, March 26th. A full seder and catered dinner. Details forthcoming in a few weeks.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying the Proverbs in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Thank you to all who performed, set up, and cleaned up
the Tu B’Shevat Seder: Aron Bederson, James Besser, Judy Buchman, Lilly
Galperin, and Steve Greenstein; Barbara Bova, Florence Cohen, the Felds,
Ira Shimshi, Michael Verdel, Joshua Weiner, and many others. Thank you
to all who brought food!
- Thank you to Steve
Greenstein who organized the trip to the Deli and to Florence Cohen who
organized the trip to the Jewish Film Festival.
- Special thanks to Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, David Bier, Peter Tedeschi, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for all his work on the website each and every week.
Donations and Giving
- Thank you to all who gave donations at the Tu B’Shevat Seder. Three trees will be purchased and planted in Israel.
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event
such as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton
Platt, Adela Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan,
Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, Lois Libien, David Belsky,
Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Mark Landers, Eliyahu Goldsmith. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- Apologies for the following Yahrzeits which were left
off the Announcements: Martha Shyatt Libien (1Shevat), Mitchell Fastow
(2), Hinda Belsky (4) Bertha Libien (6), Katelin Fried Stark (7); Philip
Greenberg (14) Meyer Libien (15) Rebecca Horbund (18); Ruth Langfelder
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Shevat, Adar)
Abraham Diamond (24 Shevat), Albert Rothstein (25) 2/1; Barry Linden
(29), Irving Lerner (29), Gertrude Speciner (2/11) 2/1, Jenee Bandler
(30), Harry Crysostomas 2/11, Natalia Galperin 2/13, Frances Friedman
(29), Jerry Ames, Michael DiRoma (3 Adar), 2/8; Irving Howard (5), 2/4;
Harry Feld, Edward Fingerman, Rebecca Klinger Father (7), Ida Libien
(8), 2/15; Arthur Stricker (12), Esther Fingerman (12), Batya Chiah Hahn
(15) 2/22; Jack Spegal, Rose Greenberg (20), Stanley Goldstein (25),
Susan Jaslow (21), Harold Walerstein (22), 3/1; Rachel Bloomenfield,
Seymour Wolf (27), Sylvia Freeman (28), Fannie Klein (3/11), Lee
Schoeman (3/13), John Gerity (3/13) 3/8; Melvin Troy (3/21) 3/15.
- We recall for Kaddish: Dan
Levine, Tom Hall, Mitchell Fastow, Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp,
Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller.
Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis Strowman, Michael Rubenstein.
- Stone & Stone Show + Guests: Mon., 1/28, 8 PM, The PIT, 123 E. 24th (Park-Lex), $10
- Addicted to Show Business, written & performed by Dave Konig, directed by Ian Finkel; Previews begin 2/ 20; Runs every Wed., 8 PM, St Luke’s Theater, 308 W. 46 St.
- Estelle Levy’s Art:; Williamsburg Art Center, Brooklyn, 1/26-2-24.
- Rabbi Jill spoke and sang at the Chelsea Community Church on Sunday, 1/27.
- Link to Houston Chronicle Article about The Broadway Benefit, Rabbi Jill and Actors’ Temple.
- Link to New York Times Article about Actors’ Temple.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on YouTube.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- Interfaith Trip to Israel, with Rabbi Roger Ross, 3/4-3/16, info at HeartofFaithPilgrimages.com.
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is here on YouTube (or search for "actors temple adon olam"). Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being Black and Jewish): Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Siren’s Heart (about Marilyn Monroe). Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
- Lila Pollack,
educated at Eastman & Royal Academy, London, seeking violin
students, in fun, friendly lessons, flexible fees. Good with children,
will travel to your home. Call 718-856-3418.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2013 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.