posted Jul 15, 2013, 1:09 PM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Jul 15, 2013, 1:09 PM by Ezrath Israel
This weekly bulletin is under construction. Thanks!
- SHABBAT: Friday, 6/21, 7 PM, Shabbat Service & Oneg Shabbat sponsored by Florence Cohen
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, 6/22, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg sponsored by Jan Handler
- LOOKING AHEAD: Film for Tisha B’Av, and more.
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown. Reading the Book of Genesis
- THANK YOU, DONATIONS, & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEIT AND KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Heidi Latsky 6/25-28; Steve Greenstein in a new Film, Aron Bederson directs Line; Louise Poster sings weekly; AT Shows: Fried Chicken & Latkes, Black Angels Over Tuskegee, Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey,
opens 3/27; & Honestly Abe; Two Programs to know about: LifeLine
& ReServe; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood,
Valerie Brown, seek clients.
Friday, June 21st, 7 PM: Interfaith Weekend Against Hate: Sermon,
Discussion, and Dedication of two plaques honoring the memory of
Florence Cohen’s relatives. Special Oneg sponsored by Florence Cohen. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: George
Burns (13) Robert Julius Langfelder (13), Bernard Mikofsky Dov Baer ben
Joseph (17), Lillian Rosner (6/24). Gabriel Jung (6/22), Bernard Sobin.
AM, Saturday, June 22nd, 10:30 AM, Service, Discussion, and Dedication
of Ten Plaques, honoring Jan Handler and her relatives & Special
Oneg sponsored by Jan Handler. Parashat Balak. All are invited.
- Friday, June 28: Special Oneg for Susan Tompkin, sponsored by The Actors’ Temple in her honor.
- Saturday, June 29: Dedication of two plaques honoring the memory of Mark & Carol Cohen’s relatives.
- Erev Tisha B’Av, Monday, July 15, 7 PM. Screening of a Film, Geto, about the original Venice Ghetto, narrated by Regina Resnick. Michael Philip Davis, one
of the producers, will be at the synagogue to introduce the film and
answer questions about it. A light snack appropriate to the occasion
will be served after the service.
- Friday, July 19, 7 PM: Barbara Bova sponsors the Oneg Shabbat in honor of her birthday.
- Friday, July 26, 7 PM: Dedication of four plaques honoring the memory of the relatives of Alan and Marilyn Rothstein.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, through June 26th, studying in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. Reading the Book of Genesis.
- Hebrew School for K-4; Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
Tov to Fred Hechinger and his parents, Paul Hechinger and Sarah Rozen,
on Fred’s Bar Mitzvah; and Thank you and for the lovely Kiddush
sponsored in his honor. We wish you many blessings!
- Thank you to Marge Seibert, for her donation in memory of her Father, Bernard Sobin.
- Special thanks to David Bier, Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for the website.
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha or event.
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Dalita
Rubenstein, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, Lois Libien,
David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Alan Bergman, Zell
Schwartzman, Mark Kigler, Carol Ostrow, Liz Strickoff, Sally Gerity, and
Carole Elfman. We pray they will be well again soon.
extend our deepest sympathy to Peter Tedeschi and his family on the
untimely passing of his Father, Ted Tedeschi. We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Tammuz):
George Burns (13) Robert Julius Langfelder (13), Bernard Mikofsky Dov
Baer ben Joseph (17), Lillian Rosner (6/24). Gabriel Jung (6/22) 6/21;
Sophie Schwartz Lorito (21), Leonard Klein (23) Alan Hausman (25) Henry
Shrenkel (26), Herman Reiter (26), David Solomon Nathan (7/1), 6/28; Lee
Hermann (28), Isidore Slovin, (6/29), 7/5; Pauline Hawkins (7/20),
Ellen Susan Schoeman (7/23) 7/19; Louis Hennig (7/29) 7/26.
- We recall for Kaddish: Helen
Karp, Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober
Zeller. Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis Strowman, Michael
Rubenstein, Menashe Benyaminov, Louis Salko, Roselyn Kessler, Bernard
Thaler, Joshua Winfield Caruso, Lila Ruth Diamond, Mark Landers,
Lorraine May Rubenstein, Alfonso Raglan, Harvey Koizim, Ted Tedeschi.
- Heidi Latsky’s One Hour: Two Works, 6/25, 7:30; 6/27 & 28, 7 PM; Solo Countersolo,
6/26 & 6/29, 7 PM, Nagelberg Theater, Baruch, 55 Lex. Ave. (enter
on E. 25th St btw Lex. & 3rd) $30 for 3 shows, $15 for one, $14
Stu/Sr/ Kids Under 12, Tickets: email@example.com by 6/21.
Reception $75 for 6/25, 646.312.5073.
- Jackie Hoffman in Once Upon a Mattress, In Concert, 6/17, 7 PM, 480 W. 42 St. $69. Transport Grp.Theater.
- See Steve Greenstein’s new film, The History of Future Folk, Cinema Village, 12th
St., a funny, Brooklyn, space alien romantic comedy. Rabbi Jill saw it
and it’s funny and sweet. Recommended by her and the NY Times!
- Kama Linden performs 6/21, 3 PM, Make Music NY, Sputen Dyvil NYPL, 650 W. 235 St., Bronx, Free.
- Sandy Rosenberg is Frau Blucher in Young Frankenstein, Gateway Playhouse, Bellport, LI, 6/12–29, www.gatewayplayhouse.com; & Ogunquit Playhouse, Ogunquit Maine, 7/10-27, www.Ogunquitplayhouse.org.
- Aron Bederson directs Line at 13th St. Rep., Saturdays, 9:30 PM; Tickets on TDF Goldstar and at the theatre.
- Louise Poster
sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th
Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012; Mondays with the Rick Bogart Trio, The Hudson
Eatery, 601 W. 57th St.(11th-12th Aves.) 6:30-9:30 PM, One drink min.
- AT Theatre’s shows: It’s Just Sex (about marriage), Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, Fried Chicken & Latkes
(with Rain Pryor, on being Black & Jewish):Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00
PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Two programs to know about: ReServe: which
matches retired professionals with part-time paid work opportunities in
government and non-profits (http://www.reserveinc.org/professionals),
and Lifeline Screening (www.lifelinescreening.com), July 1 at St. Paul the Apostle: full medical screening for a reasonable fee.
- Valerie Brown is available for cleaning projects (closets, stoves, refrigerators). Call Rabbi Jill for Valerie’s contact information. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.