posted Mar 14, 2013, 4:35 PM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Mar 14, 2013, 4:35 PM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of March 11, 2013
- SHABBAT Evening: Friday, 3/15, 7 PM, Service and Oneg Shabbat.
- 3rd SHABBAT Morning: Saturday, 3/16, 10:30 AM: Torah Chanting Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Passover Package Delivery 3/17, Passover Seder 3/26, Comedy Benefit 4/8, & More
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown. Beginning Genesis this week.
- THANK YOU, DONATIONS, & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEIT AND KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Heidi Latsky Dance’s Events; Dave Konig’s show; Marjorie Conn’s plays; Kama Linden’s Birthday Show, 4/6; Melodies of Spring; Randie Levine Miller’s Showstopper Divas;
Visit & Support JASA’s Club 76; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; Louise
Poster sings weekly; AT Shows: Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels
Over Tuskegee, New Show: Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opens 3/27; & Honestly Abe; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, Valerie Brown, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
- The Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our
Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started
her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is
here on YouTube.
- Visit our
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- Link to Houston Chronicle Article about The Broadway Benefit, Rabbi Jill and Actors’ Temple.
- Link to New York Times Article about Actors’ Temple.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on YouTube; 2012 here and here. 2011 here.
- SHABBAT, Friday March 15, 7 PM: Service and Oneg Shabbat. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Melvin Troy (3/21), Mother of George Cass (4 Nisan), Jeanette Lieberman (8), Jeffrey David Walerstein (9).
SHABBAT AM, Saturday, March 16, 10:30 AM: Torah Chanting Service,
Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat, Parashat Vayikra, with chanters Daniel
Benyamin, Harry Ellison, and Peter Tedeschi.
- Passover Package Delivery to needy and
homebound Seniors with Dorot, Sunday, March 17, First Timers 10 AM -1
PM; Returning volunteers, 11 AM-1 PM. Please contact Florence Cohen, firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Verdel, email@example.com.
- Community Second Passover Seder, Tuesday, March 26th, 6 PM. RESERVE NOW. A
full seder and catered dinner (fish/dairy/vegetarian), with seder music
by pianist James Besser and dinner music by pianist Lilly Galperin. Menu on our website. Members $60, Nonmembers $80, Children 10-21 $25, Under 10 Free. Anyone needing a voucher from UJA Federation please contact Rabbi Jill
or the Office. Dinner Concert: music of Rossi, Frescobaldi, Bach,
Mozart, Bertoven, Schubert, Mendelssohn, and Rhene-Baton. Food for Body
- Passover Services: Tuesday, March 26th, 10:30 AM: Torah Service; and Monday, April 1st, 10:30 AM, Torah Service and Yizkor.
- Yom Hashoah Remembrance Service: Friday, April 5th, 7 PM. We will be joined by Rabbi Roger Ross and Cantor Judy Steel, from The New Synagogue. Cantor Steel will speak as a survivor of the ship St. Louis.
- Saturday, April 6th, 10:30 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Alexa Pyatsky. All are invited.
- Comedy Benefit, produced by Bob Greenberg: Monday, April 8th, 7 PM. New and Returning Comics With New Jokes:
Ross Bennett, Scott Blakeman, Jane Condon, Sandy Ehlers, Mike Fine, Joe
Franklin, Bob Greenberg, Rhonda Hansome, Doug Kleiman, Dave Konig,
Nancy Lombardo, Stone & Stone, and Steven Scott; with Ira Allen on
Piano; in memory of former pianist Doug Nervick. $35 Advance; $40 at the door.
- Saturday, April 20th, 10:30 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Nicolette Cure. All are invited.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying the Proverbs in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. We will begin a Torah cycle in March, with B’reisheet.
- Hebrew School for K-4; Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Special thanks to Barbara Bova, David Bier, Peter Tedeschi, Michael Verdel, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for all his work on the website each and every week.
Donations and Giving
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such
as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Dalita
Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, Lois
Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Mark Landers,
Eliyahu Goldsmith, Zell Schwartzman, and Sally Gerity. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Adar, Nisan;
Melvin Troy (3/21), Mother of George Cass (4 Nisan), Jeanette Lieberman
(8), Jeffrey David Walerstein (9), 3/15; Mollie Cohen (16), Ephraim
Friedman (16), 3/22 ; Selma Eulau (18), 3/29; Hannah Unterman Malamud
(25), Leonore Silver (25), Bernard Sheldon (28), Edna Hersh (29), Ruth
Schindelheim (29-30), 4/4; Bernard Krausman (4/12), Samuel Wishner
(4/14) 4/12; Naum Galperin (4/25) 4/19.
- We recall for Kaddish: Steven
Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp, Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard
Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller. Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis
Strowman, Michael Rubenstein, Menashe Benyaminov.
- Heidi Latsky Dance’s Somewhere (work-in-progress) Lecture Demonstration 3/11, 5:30 PM, NY Pub. Lib., 203 W. 115 St.; Somewhere 3/20, 2 PM, FIT, Haft. Aud, 227 W. 27 St., $10.
- Addicted to Show Business, written & performed by Dave Konig, directed by Ian Finkel; every Wed., 8 PM, St Luke’s Theater, 308 W. 46 St.
- Marjorie Conn’s 2 short plays, 3/21, 8 PM Arthur Seelen Theater, 250 W. 40th
St., Pay What You Can; She’s also acting in her short play, At a
Snail’s Pace, Roy Arias Theater, 300 W. 43 St., 3/16, 9 PM, 3/17, 2 PM,
- Kama Linden’s Birthday show and release party for CD, Southern Comfort, 4/6, 7- 8:30 PM, Two Moon Art House & Café, 315 4th Ave, Brooklyn.
- Randie Levine-Miller’s Broadway Showstopper Divas, starring Anita Gillette, Jackie Hoffman, Jan Maxwell, Betsy Wolfe & Nora Menken, www.metropolitanroom.com, an Actors Fund Benefit, Sunday, 4/14, 7PM, $40.
- Melodies of Spring 4/14, 7:30: Music from opera, Broadway, & the American songbook. Tenor Sergio Marin, Sopranos Marla Kavanaugh and Carmen Amoros, with pianist Ira Allen; Bob Greenberg will MC. Telecharge.
- Trailer for Marcello Bendotti’s Film, Gay Gardens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqsOUU0MEUE
- Please visit JASA’s Club 76, 120 W. 76 St., 212-712-0170, Mon.-Fri., 8 AM- 4 PM: Kosher Breakfast & Lunch.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, now on YouTube. Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows: Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opening 3/27, a musical parody of the book & hit tunes; Fried Chicken & Latkes
(with Rain Pryor, on being Black & Jewish):Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00
PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Valerie Brown
is available for house scrubbing or single cleaning projects like
closets, stoves, refrigerators. Call Rabbi Jill for Valerie’s contact
information. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2013 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.