posted Mar 21, 2013, 8:29 AM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Mar 21, 2013, 8:29 AM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of March 18, 2013
- RESERVE NOW FOR 2ND NIGHT PASSOVER SEDER !
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday, 3/22, 7 PM, Service and Oneg Shabbat.
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, 3/23, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat with Rabbi Teixeira.
- LOOKING AHEAD: Passover Seder 3/26, Comedy Benefit 4/8, Passover Services, Yom HaShoah, & More.
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown. Reading Genesis.
- THANK YOU, DONATIONS, & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEIT AND KADDISH
EVENTS: Heidi Latsky Dance’s Event; Dave Konig’s show; Marjorie Conn’s
plays; Kama Linden’s Birthday Show, 4/6; Melodies of Spring; Randie
Levine Miller’s Showstopper Divas; Visit & Support JASA’s Club 76;
Louise Poster sings weekly; AT Shows: Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black
Angels Over Tuskegee, New Show: Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opens 3/27;
& Honestly Abe; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste
Wiseblood, Valerie Brown, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
- The Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our
Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started
her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is
here on YouTube.
- Visit our
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- Link to Houston Chronicle Article about The Broadway Benefit, Rabbi Jill and Actors’ Temple.
- Link to New York Times Article about Actors’ Temple.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on YouTube; 2012 here and here. 2011 here.
- SHABBAT, Friday March 22, 7 PM: Service and Oneg Shabbat. We
commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Ephraim Friedman (16) and Mollie Feinstein
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, March 23, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat, Parashat Tzav, with Rabbi Robert Teixeira.
- Please write a review of The Actors’ Temple on YELP.com; and mention our Seder & Comedy Show too!
- Community Second Passover Seder, Tuesday, March 26th, 6 PM.
RESERVE NOW. A full seder and catered dinner (fish/dairy/vegetarian),
with seder music by Aron Bederson, baritone, Suki Rae, flute, and
pianist James Besser. Dinner music by pianist Lilly Galperin. Menu on
our website. Members $60, Nonmembers $80, Children 10-21 $25, Under 10
Free. Dinner Concert: music of Rossi, Frescobaldi, Bach, Mozart,
Bertoven, Schubert, Mendelssohn, and Rhene-Baton. Food for Body and
- Passover Services: Tuesday, March 26th, 10:30 AM: Torah Service; and Monday, April 1st, 10:30 AM, Torah Service and Yizkor.
Hashoah Remembrance Service: Friday, April 5th, 7 PM. We will be joined
by Rabbi Roger Ross and Cantor Judy Steel, from The New Synagogue.
Cantor Steel will speak as a survivor of the ship St. Louis.
- Saturday, April 6th, 10:30 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Alexa Pyatsky. All are invited.
Benefit and Raffle, produced by Bob Greenberg: Monday, April 8th, 7 PM.
New and Returning Comics With New Jokes: Ross Bennett, Scott Blakeman,
Jane Condon, Sandy Ehlers, Mike Fine, Joe Franklin, Bob Greenberg,
Rhonda Hansome, Doug Kleiman, Dave Konig, Nancy Lombardo, Stone &
Stone, and Steven Scott; with Ira Allen on Piano; in memory of former
pianist Doug Nervick. $35 Advance; $40 at the door.
- Saturday, April 20th, 10:30 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Nicolette Cure. All are invited.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying the Proverbs in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. No class during Passover (3/27).
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Thank you to Saturday’s Torah Chanters Daniel Benyamin, Harry Ellison, and Peter Tedeschi.
to all who participated in the Passover Package delivery with DOROT,
organized by Florence Cohen and Michael Verdel. Names of volunteers will
be listed in next week’s Announcements.
- Special thanks to
David Bier, Peter Tedeschi, Michael Verdel, and others for setting up
and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help.
Thank you to Daniel Miller for all his work on the website each and
Donations and Giving
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such
as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith Tedeschi,
Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau,
Lois Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Mark Landers,
Eliyahu Goldsmith, Zell Schwartzman, and Sally Gerity. We pray they
will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember:
(Heb. Date of Passing–Adar, Nisan; Ephraim Friedman (16), Mollie
Feinstein (17), 3/22; Selma Eulau (18), 3/29; Hannah Unterman Malamud
(25), Leonore Silver (25), Bernard Sheldon (28), Edna Hersh (29), Ruth
Schindelheim (29-30), 4/4; Bernard Krausman (4/12), Samuel Wishner
(4/14) 4/12; Naum Galperin (4/25) 4/19.
- We recall for
Kaddish: Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp, Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin,
Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller. Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein,
Louis Strowman, Michael Rubenstein, Menashe Benyaminov.
- Heidi Latsky Dance’s Somewhere 3/20, 2 PM, FIT, Haft. Aud, 227 W. 27 St., $10.
to Show Business, written & performed by Dave Konig, directed by
Ian Finkel; every Wed., 8 PM, St Luke’s Theater, 308 W. 46 St.
- Marjorie Conn’s 2 short plays, 3/21, 8 PM Arthur Seelen Theater, 250 W. 40th St., Pay What You Can.
Linden’s Birthday show and release party for CD, Southern Comfort, 4/6,
7- 8:30 PM, Two Moon Art House & Café, 315 4th Ave, Brooklyn.
- Jan Handler’s sculpture in Art Student’s League Show, 3/25-30. Reception Thurs., 3/28, 5-7PM
Levine-Miller’s Broadway Showstopper Divas, starring Anita Gillette,
Jackie Hoffman, Jan Maxwell, Betsy Wolfe & Nora Menken, www.metropolitanroom.com, an Actors Fund Benefit, Sunday, 4/14, 7PM, $40.
of Spring 4/14, 7:30: Music from opera, Broadway, & the American
songbook. Tenor Sergio Marin, Sopranos Marla Kavanaugh and Carmen
Amoros, with pianist Ira Allen; Bob Greenberg will MC. Telecharge.
- Rally Against Gun Violence, Thurs. 3/21, 4:30. Harlem State Office Bldg. 163 W. 125 St. (E. of 7th Ave.).
- Rabbi Dov Lipman, Knesset Member, speaks at 92nd St. Y against religious extremism, Thurs. 4/11, 7:30.
- Please visit JASA’s Club 76, 120 W. 76 St., 212-712-0170, Mon.-Fri., 8 AM- 4 PM: Kosher Breakfast & Lunch.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
Theatre’s shows: Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opening 3/27, a musical
parody of the book & hit tunes; Fried Chicken & Latkes (with
Rain Pryor, on being Black & Jewish):Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun.,
4:30 PM; $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over
Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Valerie Brown is
available for house scrubbing or single cleaning projects like closets,
stoves, refrigerators. Call Rabbi Jill for Valerie’s contact
information. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients
(sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students,
Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
email@example.com ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2013 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.