posted Apr 3, 2013, 8:31 AM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Apr 3, 2013, 8:31 AM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of March 25, 2013
2ND NIGHT COMMUNITY PASSOVER SEDER, Tuesday, 3/26, 6 PM. Reservations still available.
Passover Service: Tuesday, 3/26, 10:30 AM. Reading of the Torah & Oneg
SHABBAT Evening: Friday, 3/29, 7 PM, Service and Oneg Shabbat.
SHABBAT Morning: Saturday, 3/30, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
LOOKING AHEAD: Comedy Benefit 4/8, Yom HaShoah, & More
EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown. Reading Genesis. No class on 3/27.
THANK YOU, DONATIONS, & GIVING
HEALTH & HEALING
YAHRZEIT AND KADDISH
NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Stone & Stone, Dave Konig’s show; Marjorie Conn’s plays; Kama Linden’s Birthday Show, 4/6; Aron Bederson directs Line; Melodies of Spring; Randie Levine Miller’s Showstopper Divas; Visit & Support JASA’s Club 76; Louise Poster sings weekly; AT Shows: Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels Over Tuskegee, New Show: Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opens 3/27; & Honestly Abe; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, Valerie Brown, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
- The Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our
Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started
her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is
here on YouTube.
- Visit our
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- Link to Houston Chronicle Article about The Broadway Benefit, Rabbi Jill and Actors’ Temple.
- Link to New York Times Article about Actors’ Temple.
- Actors’ Temple Broadway Benefit clips now on YouTube; 2012 here and here. 2011 here.
- Community Second Passover Seder, Tuesday, March 26th, 6 PM. RESERVE NOW. A full seder and catered dinner (fish/dairy/vegetarian), with seder music by Aron Bederson, baritone, Suki Rae, flute, and pianist James Besser. Dinner music by pianist Lilly Galperin. Menu
on our website. Members $60, Nonmembers $80, Children 10-21 $25, Under
10 Free. Dinner Concert: music of Rossi, Frescobaldi, Bach, Mozart,
Bertoven, Schubert, Mendelssohn, and Rhene-Baton. Food for Body and
Soul. Reservations still available.
- Passover Services: Tuesday, March 26th, 10:30 AM: Torah Service; and Monday, April 1st, 10:30 AM, Torah Service and Yizkor.
- SHABBAT, Friday March 29, 7 PM: Service and Oneg Shabbat. We commemorate the Yahrzeit of: Selma Eulau (18).
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, March 30, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion of Song of Songs & Oneg Shabbat,
- Please write a review of The Actors’ Temple on YELP.com; and mention our Seder & Comedy Show too!
- Yom Hashoah Remembrance Service: Friday, April 5th, 7 PM. We will be joined by Rabbi Roger Ross and Cantor Judy Steel, from The New Synagogue. Cantor Steel will speak as a survivor of the ship St. Louis.
- Saturday, April 6th, 10:30 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Alexa Pyatsky. All are invited.
- Comedy Benefit and Raffle, produced by Bob Greenberg: Monday, April 8th, 7 PM. New and Returning Comics With New Jokes:
Ross Bennett, Scott Blakeman, Jane Condon, Sandy Ehlers, Mike Fine, Bob
Greenberg, Rhonda Hansome, Doug Kleiman, Dave Konig, Nancy Lombardo,
Stone & Stone, and Steven Scott; Special Guest Stars: Joe Franklin
and Elayne Boosler; with Ira Allen on Piano; in memory of former pianist Doug Nervick. $35 Advance; $40 at the door & Up.
- Saturday, April 20th, 10:30 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Nicolette Cure. All are invited.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. Reading B’reisheet. No class during Passover (3/27).
- Hebrew School for K-4; Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg.
- Thank you to Rabbi Robert Teixeira for officiating at last Saturday’s Service
- Thanks to all who participated in the Passover
Package delivery with DOROT: Ally Arie, Iris and Sam Berger, Florence
Cohen, Daniel Constant, Michael Easterling, Reyna Gobel, Ricky Jennings,
Christopher Johnson, Barbara Nathan, Ruth Sandberg, Ira Shimsky, and
Michael Verdel. You make us proud!
- Special thanks to David Bier, Peter Tedeschi, Michael Verdel, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for all his work on the website each and every week.
Donations and Giving
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such
as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat
Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of all your
Life Cycle events!
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith Tedeschi,
Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau,
Lois Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Mark Landers,
Eliyahu Goldsmith, Zell Schwartzman, and Sally Gerity. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Adar, Nisan;
Selma Eulau (18), 3/29; Hannah Unterman Malamud (25), Leonore Silver
(25), Bernard Sheldon (28), Edna Hersh (29), Ruth Schindelheim (29-30),
4/4; Bernard Krausman (4/12), Samuel Wishner (4/14) 4/12; Naum Galperin
- We recall for Kaddish: Steven
Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp, Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard
Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller. Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis
Strowman, Michael Rubenstein, Menashe Benyaminov. Louis Salko.
- Stone & Stone 30th Birthday Show, Thursday, 3/28th, 8 PM, The PIT, 123 E. 24th St. $10, No drink minimum.
- Dave Konig’s Addicted to Show Business, Wednesdays., 8 PM, St Luke’s Theater, 308 W. 46 St.
- Aron Bederson directs Line at 13th St. Rep., Saturdays, 9:30 PM; Tickets on TDF Goldstar and at the theatre.
- Register for ArtistsintheKitchen.org’s May 17-19 Festival; $25
covers art exhibited at group shows, homes or local biz. for weekend
& beyond, &/or to perform at parties; also volunteer
- Kama Linden’s Birthday show and release party for CD, Southern Comfort, 4/6, 7- 8:30 PM, Two Moon Art House & Café, 315 4th Ave, Brooklyn.
- Jan Handler’s sculpture in Art Student’s League Show, 3/25-30. Reception Thurs., 3/28, 5-7PM
- Randie Levine-Miller’s Broadway Showstopper Divas, starring Anita Gillette, Jackie Hoffman, Jan Maxwell, Betsy Wolfe & Nora Menken, www.metropolitanroom.com, an Actors Fund Benefit, Sunday, 4/14, 7PM, $40.
- Melodies of Spring 4/14, 7:30: Music from opera, Broadway, & the American songbook. Tenor Sergio Marin, Sopranos Marla Kavanaugh and Carmen Amoros, with pianist Ira Allen; Bob Greenberg will MC. Telecharge.
- Rabbi Dov Lipman, Knesset Member, speaks at 92nd St. Y against religious extremism, Thurs. 4/11, 7:30.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- AT Theatre’s shows: Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, opening 3/27, a musical parody of the book & hit tunes; Fried Chicken & Latkes
(with Rain Pryor, on being Black & Jewish):Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00
PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Valerie Brown is available for cleaning projects (closets, stoves, refrigerators). Call Rabbi Jill for Valerie’s contact information. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
email@example.com ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2013 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.