posted Nov 14, 2012, 4:15 PM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Nov 14, 2012, 4:15 PM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of November 12, 2012
- SHABBAT Friday PM, November 16: 7 PM: Service, Dedication of New Torah Cover & Oneg Shabbat
- 3rd SHABBAT AM, Saturday, November 17, 10:30 AM: Torah Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- HURRICANE SANDY RELIEF EFFORT: Please donate
- LOOKING AHEAD: Broadway Benefit, LGBT Shabbat Rescheduled, and More!
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown
- DONATIONS & GIVING
- THANK YOU & WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
- YAHRZEITS & KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Bob Greenberg in Kong Show , The Last Seder
discount; Estelle Levy’s art in 2 Shows; Louise Poster sings weekly,
Kama Linden performs 12/1; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; AT Shows; Siren’s Heart, Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels. & Honestly Abe, AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seek clients; Violin lessons.
About The Actors’ Temple
Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. A New York Times article on Nov 19, 2011 about us.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday, November 16, 7 PM: Service, Dedication of the
new Torah Cover honoring Dan Feld, and Oneg Shabbat. We commemorate the
Yahrzeit of: Bessie Ziffer.
- 3rd SHABBAT Morning, Saturday,
November 17, 10:30 AM: Torah Chanting Service, Discussion, & Oneg,
Parashat Toldot, with Torah chanters: Daniel Benyamin, Harry Ellison,
& Peter Tedeschi.
SANDY RELIEF EFFORT: We recommend that you make donations to the charities of your choice which are working to provide relief and assistance to those affected.
- Conversion of Brigit Young, Friday, November 23, 7 PM; Service
& Oneg Shabbat. We will be joined by students from CCNY’s Jewish
Studies program and the program’s Director.
- LGBT Shabbat:
Friday, November 30, 6:30 PM piano prelude by Lilly Galperin including
works by: Rossi, Handel, Mozart, Chopin, and Lehar. Service at 7 PM. An
inclusive celebration for all people, Ira Helf will sponsor the Oneg in
memory of his Mother, Bernice Helf.
- The Best of Broadway and
Cabaret, Produced and hosted by Randie Levine-Miller, A Benefit for The
Actors’ Temple: Monday, November 26th, 6:45 PM, starring:
Douglas Cohen, Jamie deRoy, Shana Farr, Tom Gamblin, Jackie Hoffman,
Paul Katz, Richard Kind, Alice Levine, Dana Lorge, Marilyn Michaels,
Sidney Meyer, Jill O’Hara, Tony Roberts, Johnny Rogers, Tony Sheldon, KT
Sullivan, Deborah Tranelli, Sal Viviano; Paul Chamlin, musical
director. Tickets: $125, Show Only; $275 Show, VIP/Cast After-Party at
Tony's Di Napoli, 147 West 43rd St.; Patron, $1,000 includes 2 tickets +
After-Party + Dinner for 2 at a fine NY restaurant. RSVP: 212-362-3616
(credit cards accepted); or email@example.com; or pay online at www.theactorstemple.org or send check to The Actors' Temple, Box 2620, NY, NY 10108 Tickets are Tax Deductible!
- Human Rights Shabbat: Friday, December 7, 7 PM, Tikkun Olam for everyone.
- Shabbat Chanukah Latke Party, Potluck Dinner, Sing Along, & Open Mike, Fri. Dec. 14, 6-10 PM.
- Weekly Torah Study:
Class resumes October 10. Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying
the Psalms in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. To call in on
speakerphone please make a reservation on Wednesday by calling Rabbi
Jill and leaving a message.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg: https://sites.google.com/site/actorstemplehebrewschool
Thank You and Welcome New Members
- Thank you for your kind donations: Carol & Richard Margolis,
Joseph & Elinor Rosenthal, Shari Upbin. We so appreciate all your
help and generosity.
- WE WELCOME NEW MEMBERS: Carol Hoffman & Eve Brandstein. We’re so glad you joined our synagogue family!
you to all who performed at Friday’s Kristallnacht service: Aron
Bederson, James Besser, Judy Buchman, and speaker Dr. Miriam Yevick,
author of the book, A Testament for Ariella.
- Thanks to Judy Buchman, Barbara Bova, and Bob Reicher who accepted donations on Sunday for Hurricane Sandy Relief.
thanks to David Bier, Barbara Bova, Mark & Carol Cohen, Carlos
Ramirez, and Peter Tedeschi, for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat
services; and to Aron Bederson, who walked Dr. Yevick to Port Authority
Bus Terminal after the service. We really appreciate your help.
Donations and Giving
leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180.
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat
or a Musical Service, in honor of: Birthdays Anniversaries, Births,
Graduations or any Simcha.
- We welcome the celebration of an Aufruf,
Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, or Life Cycle event.
- Chair Plaques can be
personalized & donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’
Temple in your will.
- We are available for Memorial Services and we have
Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Audrey Troy, Sally Gerity, Milton Platt, Adela
Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Micha ben Dovid; Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan,
Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, George Greenstein, Lois
Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Eliyahu Goldsmith,
Yocheved bat Avraham v’Raizl. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Cheshvan) Bessie Ziffer, 11/16. Jerome
Klarsfeld (3 Kislev), Rochelle Seif (5), 11/25; Vera Beckerman (6),
Michael Kaye (6), 11/16; Sara Wincker Waldman (10) 12/2; Loretta Austin,
(15), Marilyn Finkelstein (15), 11/23; Esther Seif (18) Florence Belsky
(19), Mr. Rinsler (21) 11/30; Chana Waldman (12/10) 12/9; Rebecca Naomi
Barrie (23), Albert Jack Nadel (12/7), Mother of Shirley Lauro (27),
Jacob Svei (27), Mr. Goldfarb (12/7), 12/7; Abraham Lieberman (12/18)
- We recall for Kaddish: Dan Levine, Tom Hall, Marion Griffel,
Susan Beck, Mitchell Fastow, Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp, Miriam
Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller. Dorothy
Platt, George Greenstein.
- Bob Greenberg in the Kong Show, Monday, 11/12, 7 PM. A
portion of the proceeds for Hurricane Sandy Relief. $10 advance,
$15-at-door. Café Iguana, 240 W. 54 St. Comedy/Variety Show.
- The Last Seder,
12/1-20, Theater 3, 311 W. 43 St., 3rd Flr., code FRIEND1 for $16
tickets: Thurs.– Sat., 8 PM, (also 12/3 & 19) Sun. 3 PM (also 12/12
& 19), A dysfunctional family...just like yours.
- Melodies of Autumn Postponed until April 14th. Tickets will be honored at that time.
Levy’s art in 2 Shows: High Line Loft, 508 W. 26 St, Gallery 5D,
11/1-15: Tu-Sat. 11-6, Th. 11-8., Reception 11/3, 2-4:30. Also,
Williamsburg Art & History Center (WAH), 135 Broadway
(B’way-Bedford), Bklyn; 10/27-12/9, 1-6, Reception 10/27, 4-6 PM.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- Kama Linden sings 12/1, at Gizzi’s Café, 16 W. 8th Street, NYC to honor World Aids Day.
Pollack, educated at Eastman & Royal Academy, London, seeking
violin students, in fun, friendly lessons, flexible fees. Good with
children, will travel to your home. Call 718-856-3418.
- Interfaith Trip to Israel, with Rabbi Roger Ross, 3/4-3/16, info at HeartofFaithPilgrimages.com.
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is here on YouTube (or search for "actors temple adon olam"). Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being Black and Jewish): Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Siren’s Heart (about Marilyn Monroe). Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale),
212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2012 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.