posted Nov 22, 2012, 12:21 PM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Nov 22, 2012, 12:21 PM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of November 19, 2012
- SHABBAT PM, Friday, November 23, 7 PM: Service, Conversion of Brigit Young, & Oneg Shabbat
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, November 24, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- HURRICANE SANDY RELIEF EFFORT: Please donate
- LOOKING AHEAD: Broadway Benefit, LGBT Shabbat, and More!
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown: No class 11/21
- DONATIONS & GIVING
- THANK YOU
- YAHRZEITS & KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Jackie Hoffman’s A Chanukah Charol, 12/8-29; The Last Seder discount; Louise Poster sings weekly, Kama Linden performs 12/1; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; AT Shows; Siren’s Heart, Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels. & Honestly Abe, AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seek clients; Violin lessons for adults or kids.
About The Actors’ Temple
Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. A New York Times article on Nov 19, 2011 about us.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- SHABBAT Evening, Friday, November 23, 7 PM: Service, Conversion of Brigit
Kelly Young, and Oneg Shabbat. We will be joined by students from
CCNY’s Jewish Studies program and the program’s Director. Oneg Sponsored
by Jonathan Ross and Brigit Young. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of:
Jerome Klarsfeld (3 Kislev), Rochelle Seif (5), Sara Wincker Waldman
(10), Loretta Austin, (15), Marilyn Finkelstein (15).
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, November 24, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg, Parashat Vayetze.
SANDY RELIEF EFFORT: We recommend that you make donations to the charities of your choice which are working to provide relief and assistance to those affected.
- LGBT Shabbat: Friday, November 30, 6:30 PM piano prelude by
Lilly Galperin including works by: Rossi, Handel, Mozart, Chopin, and
Lehar. Service at 7 PM. An inclusive celebration for all people, Ira
Helf will sponsor the Oneg in memory of his Mother, Bernice Helf.
Best of Broadway and Cabaret, Produced and hosted by Randie
Levine-Miller, A Benefit for The Actors’ Temple: Monday, November 26th,
6:45 PM, starring: Douglas Cohen, Jamie deRoy, Shana Farr, Tom Gamblin,
Jackie Hoffman, Paul Katz, Richard Kind, Alice Levine, Dana Lorge,
Marilyn Michaels, Sidney Meyer, Jill O’Hara, Tony Roberts, Johnny
Rogers, Tony Sheldon, Stacy Sullivan, Deborah Tranelli, Sal Viviano;
Paul Chamlin, musical director. Tickets: $125, Show Only; $275 Show,
VIP/Cast After-Party at Tony's Di Napoli, 147 West 43rd St.; Patron,
$1,000 includes 2 tickets + After-Party + Dinner for 2 at a fine NY
restaurant. RSVP: 212-362-3616 (credit cards accepted); or firstname.lastname@example.org; or pay online at www.theactorstemple.org or send check to The Actors' Temple, Box 2620, NY, NY 10108 Tickets are Tax Deductible!
- Shabbat, December 1: Louise Poster sponsors the Oneg in honor of her son Jeffrey’s Birthday
- Human Rights Shabbat: Friday, December 7, 7 PM, Tikkun Olam for everyone.
Chanukah Latke Party, Potluck Dinner, Sing-Along, & Open Mike,
Friday Dec. 14, 6-10 PM. Dinner at 6, Service with Sing-Along at 7, Open
Mike after the service. Latkes & good cheer provided. All are
- Weekly Torah Study: No Class 11/21, Thanksgiving week. Class resumes October 10. Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying
the Psalms in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. To call in on
speakerphone please make a reservation on Wednesday by calling Rabbi
Jill and leaving a message.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg: https://sites.google.com/site/actorstemplehebrewschool
- Thank you for your kind donations: Barry & Linda Berg,
Florence Cohen, Jane Goldman, Barbara Levey, Jennifer Manocherian,
Randie Levine-Miller, Ella Newman, Paula Novick, Milton Platt, Paxton
Quigley, Joseph & Elinor Rosenthal, Shirley & Phil Sniderman,
Carol Tambor. We so appreciate all your help and generosity.
- Thank you to Torah chanters: Harry Ellison & Peter Tedeschi who chanted last Saturday.
- Thanks to Judy Buchman, Barbara Bova, and Bob Reicher who accepted donations last Sunday for Hurricane Sandy Relief.
you to President Bob Reicher who ordered and picked up the new Torah
Cover to honor his predecessor, Dan Feld, for his four years as
President of The Actors’ Temple.
- Special thanks to David
Bier, Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, and Peter Tedeschi, for setting up
and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help.
Donations and Giving
leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180.
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat
or a Musical Service, in honor of: Birthdays Anniversaries, Births,
Graduations or any Simcha.
- We welcome the celebration of an Aufruf,
Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, or Life Cycle event.
- Chair Plaques can be
personalized & donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’
Temple in your will.
- We are available for Memorial Services and we have
Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Audrey Troy, Sally Gerity, Milton Platt, Adela
Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Micha ben Dovid; Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan,
Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, George Greenstein, Lois
Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Eliyahu Goldsmith,
Yocheved bat Avraham v’Raizl. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We remember (Heb. Date of Passing–Cheshvan): Jerome Klarsfeld (3
Kislev), Rochelle Seif (5), 11/25; Sara Wincker Waldman (10); Loretta
Austin, (15), Marilyn Finkelstein (15), 11/23; Esther Seif (18) Florence
Belsky (19), Mr. Rinsler (21) 11/30; Chana Waldman (12/10) 12/9;
Rebecca Naomi Barrie (23), Albert Jack Nadel (12/7), Mother of Shirley
Lauro (27), Jacob Svei (27), Mr. Goldfarb (12/7), 12/7; Abraham
Lieberman (12/18) 12/14.
- We recall for Kaddish: Dan Levine, Tom Hall,
Marion Griffel, Susan Beck, Mitchell Fastow, Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen
Karp, Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober
Zeller. Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein.
- Jackie Hoffman in A Chanukah Charol, 12/8-29: Fridays & Saturdays, 8 PM, New World Stages, 340 W. 50 St. (8th-9th Aves.), Tickets $39.50 at Telecharge or New World Stages box office.
- The Last Seder,
12/1-20, Theater 3, 311 W. 43 St., 3rd Flr., code FRIEND1 for $16
tickets: Thurs.– Sat., 8 PM, (also 12/3 & 19) Sun. 3 PM (also 12/12
& 19), A dysfunctional family...just like yours!
- Melodies of Autumn Postponed until April 14th. Tickets will be honored at that time.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- Kama Linden sings 12/1, at Gizzi’s Café, 16 W. 8th Street, NYC to honor World Aids Day.
- Interfaith Trip to Israel, with Rabbi Roger Ross, 3/4-3/16, info at HeartofFaithPilgrimages.com.
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is here on YouTube (or search for "actors temple adon olam"). Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being Black and Jewish): Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Siren’s Heart (about Marilyn Monroe). Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale),
212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
Pollack, educated at Eastman & Royal Academy, London, seeking
violin students, in fun, friendly lessons, flexible fees. Good with
children, will travel to your home. Call 718-856-3418.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
email@example.com ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2012 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.