posted Nov 30, 2012, 10:44 AM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Nov 30, 2012, 10:44 AM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of November 26, 2012
- THE BEST OF BROADWAY & CABARET BENEFIT, Monday, November 26th, 6:45 PM
- SHABBAT PM, Friday, November 30, 7 PM: LGBT Outreach Service & Oneg Shabbat: All Are Welcome
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, December 1, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Sponsored Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Human Rights Shabbat, Shabbat Chanukah Open Mike, and More!
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown
- DONATIONS & GIVING
- THANK YOU & MAZEL TOV
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEITS & KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Jackie Hoffman’s A Chanukah Charol, 12/8-29; Stone & Stone Monday 11/26; The Last Seder discounted; Louise Poster sings weekly, Kama Linden performs 12/1; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; AT Shows; Siren’s Heart, Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels. & Honestly Abe, AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seek clients; Violin lessons for adults or kids.
About The Actors’ Temple
Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. A New York Times article on Nov 19, 2011 about us.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- The Best of Broadway and Cabaret, Produced and hosted by Randie Levine-Miller, A Benefit for The Actors’ Temple: Monday, November 26th, 6:45 PM, starring:
Douglas Cohen, Jamie deRoy, Shana Farr, Tom Gamblin, Jackie Hoffman,
Paul Katz, Richard Kind, Alice Levine, Dana Lorge, Marilyn Michaels,
Sidney Meyer, Jill O’Hara, Tony Roberts, Johnny Rogers, Tony Sheldon,
Stacy Sullivan, Deborah Tranelli, Sal Viviano; Paul Chamlin, musical director. Tickets discounted to: $100, Show Only; $275 Show, VIP/Cast After-Party at Tony's Di Napoli, 147 West 43rd St.; Patron, $1,000 includes 2 tickets + After-Party + Dinner for 2 at a fine NY restaurant. RSVP: 212-362-3616 (credit cards accepted); or firstname.lastname@example.org; or pay online at www.theactorstemple.org or send check to The Actors' Temple, Box 2620, NY, NY 10108 Tickets are Tax Deductible!
Shabbat: Friday, November 30, 6:30 PM piano prelude by Lilly Galperin
including works by: Rossi, Handel, Mozart, Chopin, and Lehar. Service at
7 PM. An inclusive celebration for all people, Ira Helf will sponsor
the Oneg in memory of his Mother, Bernice Helf. We commemorate the
Yahrzeits of: Esther Seif (18) Florence Belsky (19), Mr. Rinsler (21).
Moning, Saturday, December 1, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg,
sponsored by Louise Poster in honor of her son Jeffrey’s birthday;
SANDY RELIEF EFFORT: We recommend that you make donations to the charities of your choice which are working to provide relief and assistance to those affected.
- Human Rights Shabbat: Friday, December 7, 7 PM, Tikkun Olam for everyone.
Chanukah Latke Party, Potluck Dinner, Sing-Along, & Open Mike,
Friday Dec. 14, 6-10 PM. Dinner at 6, Service with Sing-Along at 7, Open
Mike after the service. Latkes & good cheer provided. All are
- 3rd Shabbat Torah Chanting Service, Saturday, December 15th, Parashat Mikketz
- Tu B’Shevat Seder, Friday, January 25, 6:30 PM. Service, Mystical Seder and Dinner
- Weekly Torah Study: Class resumes October 10. Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying
the Psalms in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. To call in on
speakerphone please make a reservation on Wednesday by calling Rabbi
Jill and leaving a message.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg: https://sites.google.com/site/actorstemplehebrewschool
Thank You and Mazel Tov
- Mazel Tov to Brigit Kelly Young on her conversion to
Judaism. And thank you to Brigit and Jonathan Ross for sponsoring the
Oneg Shabbat on Friday to honor Brigit’s conversion.
thanks to David Bier, Barbara Bova, Sandy Acevedo, Aimee Beyda, and
Lynn Nadel, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat
services. We really appreciate your help.
Donations and Giving
leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180.
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat
or a Musical Service, in honor of: Birthdays Anniversaries, Births,
Graduations or any Simcha.
- We welcome the celebration of an Aufruf,
Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, or Life Cycle event.
- Chair Plaques can be
personalized & donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’
Temple in your will.
- We are available for Memorial Services and we have
Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Audrey Troy, Sally Gerity, Milton Platt, Adela
Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Micha ben Dovid; Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan,
Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, George Greenstein, Lois
Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Eliyahu Goldsmith,
Yocheved bat Avraham v’Raizl. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Kislev) Esther Seif (18) Florence Belsky
(19), Mr. Rinsler (21) 11/30; Chana Waldman (12/10) 12/9; Rebecca Naomi
Barrie (23), Albert Jack Nadel (12/7), Mother of Shirley Lauro (27),
Jacob Svei (27), Mr. Goldfarb (12/7), 12/7; Abraham Lieberman (12/18)
- We recall for Kaddish: Dan Levine, Tom Hall, Marion Griffel,
Susan Beck, Mitchell Fastow, Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp, Miriam
Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller. Dorothy
Platt, George Greenstein.
- Jackie Hoffman in A Chanukah Charol, 12/8-29: Fridays & Saturdays, 8 PM, New World Stages, 340 W. 50 St. (8th-9th Aves.), Tickets $39.50 at Telecharge or New World Stages box office.
- Stone & Stone Monday, Nov. 26th, 8 PM at The Pit, 123 E. 24th Street, (Park & Lex.), $10
- The Last Seder,
12/1-20, Theater 3, 311 W. 43 St., 3rd Flr., code FRIEND1 for $16
tickets: Thurs.– Sat., 8 PM, (also 12/3 & 19) Sun. 3 PM (also 12/12
& 19), A dysfunctional family...just like yours!
- Melodies of Autumn Postponed until April 14th. Tickets will be honored at that time.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- Kama Linden sings 12/1, at Gizzi’s Café, 16 W. 8th Street, NYC to honor World Aids Day.
- Interfaith Trip to Israel, with Rabbi Roger Ross, 3/4-3/16, info at HeartofFaithPilgrimages.com.
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is here on YouTube (or search for "actors temple adon olam"). Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being Black and Jewish): Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Siren’s Heart (about Marilyn Monroe). Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale),
212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
Pollack, educated at Eastman & Royal Academy, London, seeking
violin students, in fun, friendly lessons, flexible fees. Good with
children, will travel to your home. Call 718-856-3418.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
email@example.com ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2012 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.