posted Nov 7, 2012, 3:09 PM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Nov 7, 2012, 3:09 PM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of November 5, 2012
- SHABBAT PM Kristallnacht: Friday, November 9: 7 PM: Service, Speaker, & Oneg Shabbat
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, November 10, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- HURRICANE SANDY RELIEF EFFORT: Please donate
- LOOKING AHEAD: Broadway Benefit, LGBT Shabbat Rescheduled, and More!
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown
- DONATIONS & GIVING
- THANK YOU & MAZEL TOV
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEITS & KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Stone & Stone; Estelle Levy’s art in 2 Shows; Steve Greenstein in Guys & Dolls; Louise Poster sings weekly, Kama Linden performs 11/10; Melodies of Autumn, 11/11; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; AT Shows; Siren’s Heart, Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels. & Honestly Abe, AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seek clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. A New York Times article on Nov 19, 2011 about us.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- SHABBAT PM, Kristallnacht: Friday, November 9, 7 PM, Service and Oneg
Shabbat, with speaker Miriam Yevick, Holocaust survivor and author of
the book, A Testament for Ariella. We commemorate the Yahrzeit of: Hilda Lerner (29) 11/9.
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, November 10, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg, Parashat Chaye Sara
SANDY RELIEF EFFORT: We are accepting money and items such as: canned
goods, blankets, new clothing, hand sanitizers, toiletries, and towels
to send to Staten Island and other affected areas. Please bring items to
a Shabbat service this week or on Sunday, 11/11 from 11 AM to 1 PM.
Anyone interested in volunteering, please email the office.
- LGBT Shabbat Rescheduled for Friday, November 30, 7 PM. An inclusive
celebration for all people, Ira Helf will sponsor the Oneg in memory of
his Mother, Bernice Helf.
- Conversion of Brigit Young, Friday, November 23, 7 PM.
Best of Broadway and Cabaret, Produced and hosted by Randie
Levine-Miller, A Benefit for The Actors’ Temple: Monday, November 26th,
6:45 PM, with performers: Douglas Cohen, Jamie deRoy, Shana Farr, Tom
Gamblin, Jackie Hoffman, Paul Katz, Richard Kind, Alice Levine, Dana
Lorge, Marilyn Michaels, Sidney Meyer, Jill O’Hara, Tony Roberts, Johnny
Rogers, Tony Sheldon, KT Sullivan, Deborah Tranelli, Sal Viviano; Paul
Chamlin, musical director. Tickets: $125, Show Only; $275 Show, VIP/Cast
After-Party at Tony's Di Napoli, 147 West 43rd St.; Patron, $1,000
includes 2 tickets + After-Party + Dinner for 2 at a fine NY restaurant.
RSVP: 212-362-3616 (credit cards accepted); or firstname.lastname@example.org; or pay online at www.theactorstemple.org, or send check to The Actors' Temple, Box 2620, NY, NY 10108 Tickets are Tax Deductible!
- Human Rights Shabbat: Friday, December 7, 7 PM, Tikkun Olam for everyone.
- Shabbat Chanukah Potluck Dinner, Sing Along, and Open Mike, Friday, December 14, 6 PM
- Weekly Torah Study:
Class resumes October 10. Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying
the Psalms in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. To call in on
speakerphone please make a reservation on Wednesday by calling Rabbi
Jill and leaving a message.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg: https://sites.google.com/site/actorstemplehebrewschool
- Thank you for your kind donations: Barbara Bova, Alan Kifferstein
& Joan Finkelstein, Carol Ostrow, Milton Platt, and Peter Tedeschi.
We so appreciate all your help and generosity.
- Thank you to
David Bier, Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, and all who bring food, set
up, and clean up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate all you do.
Donations and Giving
leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180.
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat
or a Musical Service, in honor of: Birthdays Anniversaries, Births,
Graduations or any Simcha.
- We welcome the celebration of an Aufruf,
Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, or Life Cycle event.
- Chair Plaques can be
personalized & donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’
Temple in your will.
- We are available for Memorial Services and we have
Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Audrey Troy, Sally Gerity, Milton Platt, Adela Svei,
Judith Tedeschi, Micha ben Dovid; Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis
Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, George Greenstein, Lois Libien, David
Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Eliyahu Goldsmith, Yocheved bat
Avraham v’Raizl. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We send our deepest sympathy to Steve Greenstein, whose Father, George
passed away last week.
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Cheshvan) Hilda
Lerner (29) 11/9; Bessie Ziffer, 11/16. Jerome Klarsfeld (3 Kislev),
Rochelle Seif (5), 11/25; Vera Beckerman (6), Michael Kaye (6), 11/16;
Sara Wincker Waldman (10) 12/2; Loretta Austin, (15), Marilyn
Finkelstein (15), 11/23; Esther Seif (18) Florence Belsky (19), Mr.
Rinsler (21) 11/30; Chana Waldman (12/10) 12/9; Rebecca Naomi Barrie
(23), Albert Jack Nadel (12/7), Mother of Shirley Lauro (27), Jacob Svei
(27), Mr. Goldfarb (12/7), 12/7; Abraham Lieberman (12/18) 12/14.
- We recall for Kaddish:
Dan Levine, Tom Hall, Marion Griffel, Susan Beck, Mitchell Fastow,
Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp, Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard
Strowman, Shirah Kober Zeller. Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein.
- Melodies of Autumn Postponed until April 14th. Tickets will be honored at that time.
Levy’s art in 2 Shows: High Line Loft, 508 W. 26 St, Gallery 5D,
11/1-15: Tu-Sat. 11-6, Th. 11-8., Reception 11/3, 2-4:30. Also,
Williamsburg Art & History Center (WAH), 135 Broadway
(B’way-Bedford), Bklyn; 10/27-12/9, 1-6, Reception 10/27, 4-6 PM.
- Steve Greenstein in Guys & Dolls, N. Shore Music Theatre, begins 10/30.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- Kama Linden sings 11/10, 8 PM at Gizzi’s Café, 16 W. 8th Street, NYC.
- Interfaith Trip to Israel, with Rabbi Roger Ross, 3/4-3/16, info at HeartofFaithPilgrimages.com.
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is here on YouTube (or search for "actors temple adon olam"). Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being Black and Jewish): Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Siren’s Heart (about Marilyn Monroe). Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale),
212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
email@example.com ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2012 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.