posted Oct 2, 2012, 2:18 PM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Oct 2, 2012, 3:22 PM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of October 1, 2012
- Potluck Sukkot Shabbat PM, Fri, 10/5, 6pm: Dinner; 7pm: Service, & Oneg Shabbat
- Sukkot Shabbat AM, Saturday, 10/6, 10:30am: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat in Sukkah
- Looking Ahead: Shemini Atzeret, Simchat Torah, & More!
- Mazel Tov: Dan Feld and Bob Reicher
- Education: Wed. Torah Study Class resumes October 10
- Donations & Donating
- Health & Healing
- Noteworthy Events: Marcello Bendotti’s fund-raising campaign; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; AT Theatre’s shows: Siren’s Heart, Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels & Honestly Abe (For Kids); June Stern, Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood seeking clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. A New York Times article on Nov 19, 2011 about us.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- Potluck Shabbat Sukkot Evening:
Friday, October 5: Dinner at 6 PM, Service at 7 PM. Potluck in the
Sukkah & Piano Program of Classical selections by Lily Galperin,
with works by: Rossi, Buxtehude, Bach, Bohm, Mozart, Tchaikowsky,
Debussy. Please bring a dairy/veggie dish to share. We commemorate the
Yahrzeits of: Dr. Merrill Goodman (19) and Leo Simon (23).
- Shabbat Sukkot Morning: Saturday, October 6, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion of Ecclesiastes, & Oneg Shabbat.
- Shemini Atzeret, Monday, October 8, 10:30 AM. Torah Reading and Yizkor.
- Simchat Torah,
Monday, October 8, 7 PM. Sing and Dance with the Torahs, Judy Buchman,
and Rabbi Jill. End the cycle and begin again! Please come and celebrate
- Plaque Dedication of a
plaque donated by Lois and Howard Lowsky in memory of Lois’ parents,
Mortimer and Martha Libien and her sister, Gloria, Friday, October 12, 7
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. June Stern raises awareness for us on Friday, October 19th at the Shabbat Service.
- Welcome New Friends Shabbat, Friday, October 26th.
Please invite your friends to experience a spiritual and friendly
Shabbat at our synagogue. Wine & Cheese reception; Piano Prelude at
6:30 by Lily Galperin with works by: Rossi, Pachelbel, Rameau, JCF Bach,
Alcan, Brahms, and Kreisler.
- One Day Hebrew Review, Sunday, November 4, 10 AM. Learn to read Hebrew. Beginners welcome!
- The Best of Broadway and Cabaret, Produced by Randie Levine-Miller, A Benefit for The Actors’ Temple : Monday, November 26th, 6:30 PM. More information will be forthcoming soon.
- Weekly Torah Study:
Class resumes October 10. Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying
the Psalms in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. To call in on
speakerphone please make a reservation on Wednesday by calling Rabbi
Jill and leaving a message.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg: https://sites.google.com/site/actorstemplehebrewschool
A Special Thank You and Mazel Tov
you to Dan Feld for serving as President of the Board of Directors for
four years. We are so grateful for all you have done for us. Mazel Tov
to Bob Reicher, who assumed the Presidency on Yom Kippur. We are very
happy to welcome you and appreciate your willingness to serve. Blessings
to both of you! Thank You!
- Thank you to
those who gave their time to the Broadway Cares Fights Aids Flea Market:
Barbara Bova, David Blaksher, Florence Cohen, Dan & Norma Feld,
Julie Halpern, Ana & Steven Kingstone, Barbara Nathan, Robert
Reicher, June Stern, and Michael Verdel. They raised approximately $1500
For Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids. Thank you to June Stern for all
the Actors' Temple signs whose fabrication she donated. They now look
- Thank you to all who gave donations: Aimee Beyda
& Dan Miller, Carole Hawkins, Judd & Susan Levy, Arthur Reiter,
Judith & Seymour Silverman, Claire Speciner, and Jeffrey Tanenbaum.
We appreciate your generosity.
- Thank you to all those who
ushered and worked to make Yom Kippur very special: Barbara Bova,
Valerie Brown, Dan & Norma Feld, Julie Halpern, June Stern, and
Michael Verdel. Thank you to our speakers: Dan Feld, Bob Reicher, and
Judy Buchman; and to our performers: Aron Bederson, James Besser, Fred
Fastow, and Ellen Silver. Thank you to Carol Lempert for your Tekiah
G’dola on the shofar. All of you created so much good feeling and
beauty! Thank you.
- Thank you to Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel,
David Bier, and all who bring food, set up, and clean up our services.
We really appreciate all you do.
Donations and Giving
leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat
or a Musical Service, in honor of: Birthdays Anniversaries, Births,
Graduations or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of an Aufruf,
Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, or Life Cycle event. Chair Plaques can be
personalized & donated. Please also consider remembering The Actors’
Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have
Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to:
Sally Gerity, Milton Platt, Kathy Devine, Nelson & Beverly
Kornstein, Adela Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Micha ben Dovid; Dalita
Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, George
Greenstein, Lois Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki,
Eliyahu Goldsmith. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We regret the passing of Shira Kober Zeller and extend our sympathy to her friends, Lynn & Bill Nadel, Aimee Beyda and Dan Miller.
- We remember
(Heb. Date of Passing–Tishri) Dr. Merrill Goodman (19), Leo Simon (23),
10/5; Ruth Tobin (29), Harry Waldman (29), Lotta Gomori (10/13), 10/12;
Mrs. Goldfarb, Mother of Sally Gerity (10/22), 10/19.
- We recall for Kaddish:
Dan Levine, Tom Hall, Marion Griffel, Susan Beck, Mitchell Fastow,
Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp, Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard
- Please be a part of Marcello Bendotti’s online campaign to raise funds for the project http://www.indiegogo.com/gaygardens.
- The Adon Olam Video is on YouTube, produced by Judy Buchman. Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows
Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being Black and
Jewish): Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Siren’s Heart (about
Marilyn Monroe). Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also
Black Angels Over Tuskegee , & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
- Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking students, Pre-K to 5th
for tutoring, Rabbi Robert Teixeira LCSW seeking clients in private
psychotherapy practice. 212-961-1745.Celeste Wiseblood seeking
hypnotherapy/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2012 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.