posted Sep 20, 2012, 8:42 PM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Sep 20, 2012, 9:13 PM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of September 17, 2012
- SHABBAT SHUVAH, PM, Friday, September 21, 7 PM: Service, & Oneg Shabbat
- SHABBAT SHUVAH, AM, Saturday, September 22, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Yom Kippur, B’Way Cares Flea Market, Sukkot, & More!
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class resumes October 10.
- DONATIONS AND DONATING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Kama Linden sings, 9/29; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; AT Shows; Siren’s Heart, and Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels & Honestly Abe (for kids) at AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seeking clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
- The Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. A New York Times article on Nov 19, 2011 about us.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- SHABBAT Shuvah Evening, Friday, September 21, 7 PM: Service and Oneg
Shabbat. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Rose Orenstein (14), Thelma
Feld, (15) William Seif (15), Lillian Berger (16), Annie Spegal (17).
- SHABBAT Shuvah Morning, Saturday, September 22, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, and Oneg Shabbat, Parashat Vayeilech.
- Yom Kippur: Kol Nidre Service, Tuesday, September 25 @ 6:30 PM with cellist Ellen Silver.
Kippur Morning Service, Wednesday, September 26 @ 10 AM. Yizkor @ 1.
Afternoon Service, 5 PM. Break the Fast at 7:30 PM, after the Shofar is
blown. Synagogue open all day for reflection.
- Broadway Cares Fights Aids Flea Market, Sunday, September 23, 10-6. Call or email the office or Co-chair Florence Cohen (email@example.com). There are two-hour slots for volunteers.
- Erev Sukkot Service, Sunday, September 30, 7 PM. Kiddush outdoors in the Sukkah.
- Sukkot Morning, Monday, October 1, 10:30 AM, Oneg in the Sukkah.
- Shabbat Sukkot: Potluck in the Sukkah & Piano Prelude by Lily Galperin, Friday, October 5: Dinner at 6 PM, Service at 7 PM.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY: Class resumes October 10. Join us Wednesdays,
7:30-9:30 PM, studying the Psalms in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th
Street. To call in on speakerphone please make a reservation on
Wednesday by calling Rabbi Jill and leaving a message.
School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration
ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg: https://sites.google.com/site/actorstemplehebrewschool
Donations, Donating, and Mazel Tov
- Thank you to Carol Ostrow for organizing the Forbidden Broadway
Theater Benefit and to Larry Roberts who did all the administrative
work. We are so grateful for the wonderful time and the support of the
- Thank you to those who delivered packages to elderly
seniors with Dorot: Michel Verdel, David Blacksher, June Stern, Estelle
Levy and Florence Cohen, and to Florence and Michael, co-chairs.
you to all those who ushered and made Rosh Hashanah a wonderful
experience: Barbara Bova, Dan & Norma Feld, Julie Halpern, June
Stern, and Michael Verdel. Thank you to our speakers: Philip Rosenbaum,
Bob Greenberg, and Judy Buchman; and to our performers for the creative
service: Aron Bederson, James Besser, Aimee Beyda, Judy Buchman, Harry
Ellison, Fred Fastow, Lily Galperin, and Dan Miller. Thank you to Ilan
Abikzir for your artistry on the shofar. It was beautiful and powerful.
All of you created so much good feeling and beauty! Thank you.
you to Florence Cohen for a donation in memory of Randie
Levine-Miller’s mother, Mimi Levine. We appreciate your generosity so
- Thank you to Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, David
Bier, and all who bring food, set up, and clean up our services. We
really appreciate all you do.
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque,
is only $180. Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service, in honor
of: Birthdays Anniversaries, Births, Graduations or any Simcha. We
welcome the celebration of an Aufruf, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, or Life
Cycle event. Chair Plaques can be personalized & donated. Please
also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are
available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New
Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Kathy Devine,
Nelson & Beverly Kornstein, Adela Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Micha ben
Dovid; Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie
Eulau, George Greenstein, Lois Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph
Kashangaki, Eliyahu Goldsmith. We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We regret the passing of Howard Strowman and extend our sympathy to the Strowman family.
- We remember:
(Heb. Date of Passing–Tishri) Rose Orenstein (14), Thelma Feld, (15)
William Seif (15), Lillian Berger (16), Annie Spegal (17), 9/28; Dr.
Merrill Goodman (19), Leo Simon (23), 10/5; Ruth Tobin (29), Harry
Waldman (29), Lotta Gomori (10/13), 10/12; Mrs. Goldfarb, Mother of
Sally Gerity (10/22), 10/19.
- We recall for Kaddish:
Dan Levine, Tom Hall, Marion Griffel, Susan Beck, Mitchell Fastow,
Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen Karp, Mimi Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard
- International Day of Peace Day Celebrations: Times Square, 9/21, 12
Noon, for a minute of silence, then 12:01 we sing: Let There Be Peace on
Earth; also Central Park Bandshell, 9/23 9AM-6PM: Vigil for
International Peace & Ecology; performances & practical acts of
peace. Volunteers Needed: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or www.vigil4internationalpeace.org.
Linden Sings 9/29 at 8 PM; Art For Healing 75 Styvesant Place, Staten
Island, 2 PM; 9/28, Tarrytown Coffee Labs, 7 Main Street, Tarrytown, 8
- Please be a part of Marcello Bendotti’s online campaign to raise funds for the project http://www.indiegogo.com/gaygardens.
- The Adon Olam Video is on YouTube, produced by Judy Buchman. Pass it around to your email lists.
Theatre’s 5 shows Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being
Black and Jewish): Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Siren’s
Heart (about Marilyn Monroe). Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or
212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly
- Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking students, Pre-K to 5th
for tutoring, Rabbi Robert Teixeira LCSW seeking clients in private
psychotherapy practice. 212-961-1745.Celeste Wiseblood seeking
hypnotherapy/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
email@example.com ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2012 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.