posted Oct 11, 2013, 10:11 AM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Oct 11, 2013, 10:49 AM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of September 23, 2013
- Shemini Atzeret, Thursday Morning, 9/26, 10:30 AM: Torah Service & YIZKOR
- SIMCHAT TORAH SHABBAT, Friday, 9/27, 7 PM. Torah Service, Music, and Dancing with the Torahs
- Saturday, 9/28, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, and Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Welcome New Friends Shabbat, Trip to Chagall Exhibit, and more!
- EDUCATION: Hebrew School for Children; Adult classes resume October 2nd
- THANK YOU, DONATIONS, & GIVING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- YAHRZEIT AND KADDISH
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Blues by the Beach, 10/9; Heidi Latsky, 10/9; Mah Jongg, The Musical, October; Bob Greenberg’s shows; Louise Poster sings weekly; AT Shows: Black Angels Over Tuskegee, Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, It’s Just Sex, & Honestly Abe; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, Valerie Brown, seek clients.
- Shemini Atzeret, Thursday, 9/26, 10:30 AM; Torah Service and YIZKOR. Holiday Oneg. Please help to make a minyan for the holiday by coming to the service.
- Simchat Torah, Friday, 9/27, 7 PM, Service, singing, and dancing with the Torahs: with Judy Buchman, Fred Fastow, & Ira Shimshi playing music. Holiday Oneg. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Leo Simon (23), Larry Levine (25), Ruth Tobin (29), Harry Waldman (29).
- Shabbat Morning, Saturday, 9/28, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, and Oneg Shabbat, Parashat B’reisheet.
- PLEASE write a review on YELP of our services and mention a Free Rosh Hashanah Service for the Community. Thank you very much!
- IMPORTANT: Anyone who opted out of our regular mailings, please email Rabbi Jill directly/
- Children’s Services for the Fall: 6:30-7 PM on 10/18 & 12/13; 10-10:30 AM on 11/16. All are invited!
- Shabbat, Friday, October 4, 7 PM. Helen Rosenbaum sponsors the Kiddush in honor of her birthday.
- Shabbat Morning, Saturday, October 5, 10 AM: Bar Mitzvah of Lucas Kaplan. All are welcome.
- Welcome New Members & Friends Shabbat, Friday, October 18th, 7:30 PM. Please invite those you know.
- Shabbat Morning, Saturday, October 19, 10:30 AM: Bat Mitzvah of Michaela Beck. All are invited.
- Shabbat, Friday, October 25, 7 PM: Dedication of 2 plaques honoring Carol Ostrow’s relatives.
- Trip to Marc Chagall’s: Love, War & Exile at the Jewish Museum, 5th Avenue & 92nd St, Sat. Nov. 2nd. Free. Meet 2:30 at the Museum. Please contact Florence Cohen, 212 645-4610 or firstname.lastname@example.org to come.
- Hebrew School for K-5 Mondays at 4 PM; Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing.
- WEEKLY TORAH STUDY for Adults: Resumes October 2nd. Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. Reading the Book of Exodus.
- Thank you to Judy Buchman and Lilly Galperin, who played music and sang at Friday’s Shabbat Sukkot Service, to all those who made &/or brought food, and to all who set up and cleaned up our Potluck dinner.
- Thank you to All those who delivered packages to senior with Dorot: Florence Cohen, Su Nissan, Michael Verdel, Daniel Constant, and David Blacksher.
- Thank you to those who raised $2600 for Broadway Cares Fights Aids: Sandy Acevedo, Aron Bederson, James Besser, Barbara Bova, Florence Cohen, The Felds, Meredith Ganzman, Martin Kerner, Helen Rosenbaum, Bob Reicher, and Michael Verdel.
- Thank you to all who donated during the Holy Days: Susanne Brandau, Cynthia Braslau, Judith Buchman, Matt Clark, Douglas Cohen, Florence Cohen, Mark & Carol Cohen, Stephen Davis, Lynn Drucker, Robert & Myrna Elkin, Dan & Norma Feld, Ibi Firestone, Roy Friedenthal, Ronnie Gersten, Ann Gray, Justin & Renee Greenstein, Drora Hirsch-Nika, Florence Kavalier, Martin Kerner, Stephen Kornstein, Steven & Ronna Lasher, Randie Levine-Miller, Judd & Susan Levy, Mike & Lois Libien, Abbie Lovinger, Bruce & Amy Kapner, Carol Kochman & Alan Wasser, Phyllis Malamud, Richard & Carol Margolis, Jack & Laura Nizewitz Carol Ostrow, Christine Parks, Irwin & Lenore Reicher, Barry & Sidney Rosenthal, Alan & Marilyn Rothstein, Fay Schiff, Dan Schneider & Charlotte Pfahl, Barry & Susan Scolnick, Barry & Debbie Sporer, Roslyn Wolf, Daniel Yasharel. We so appreciate all that you have done for us!
- Special thanks to David Bier, Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, and others for setting up and cleaning up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate your help. Thank you to Daniel Miller for the website.
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat or a Musical Service in honor of any Life Cycle event such as: Birthdays, Anniversaries, Births, Graduations, Aufruf, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, or any Simcha or event.
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Chair Plaques can be personalized and donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
R'fuah Sh'lema to: Milton Platt, Adela Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Dalita Rubenstein, Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, Lois Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Alan Bergman, Zell Schwartzman, Mark Kigler, Liz Strickoff, Sally Gerity, Carole Elfman, Steven Gellman, Fred Winters, Marjorie Conn, and Ruth Krausman. We pray they will be well again soon.
- We remember: (Heb. Date of Passing–Tishri); Leo Simon (23), Larry Levine (25), Ruth Tobin (29), Harry Waldman (29), 9/27.
- We recall for Kaddish: Shirah Kober Zeller. Dorothy Platt, George Greenstein, Louis Strowman, Michael Rubenstein, Louis Salko, Roselyn Kessler, Bernard Thaler, Joshua Caruso, Lila Ruth Diamond, Mark Landers, Lorraine May Rubenstein, John Nicholson, Alfonso Ragland, Helen Turner, Ted Tedeschi, Marilyn Rosenthal, Jan Berger, Fred Winters, Herschl Koblenz, Linda Bockhold.
- Memorial Mass for Linda Bockhold, Saturday, 9:30 AM, St. Malachy’s, 239 West 49th Street.
- Bob Greenberg in Ira & Isabella’s Jewish Italian Wedding, 9/24&25 Hazlet, NJ. 11:30 AM, Lakeside Manor, 845-827-5574; Stand-Up at Sloan-Kettering Hospital for patients & visitors, 9/29; at Hebrew Home, Riverdale, 10/1; Fundraiser for The Eve Fenton Love-All-Foundation, Inc., 10/7, Ruths Chris, NYC, 6:30 PM. 212-465-2552.
- Vote for Heidi Latsky at the DANCENOW Festival 10/9, 7 PM, Joe’s Pub, for a chance at a residency, Tkts 15 Advance, $20 at the door.
- Mah Jongg, The Musical, by and with Mimi Scott, 10/3, 10, 17, 24; 7 PM, Don’t Tell Mama; $16+2 Drinks.
- Blues By The Beach, 10/8, 6:30 PM (Film at 7), introduced by Ambassador Aharoni; Q & A after; of terrorist attack survived by Judy Buchman. RSVP by 10/4: http//israelinny.wefoo.com., 321 E. 73 St. (1 & 2 Aves)
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012; Mondays with the Rick Bogart Trio, The Hudson Eatery, 601 W. 57th St.(11th-12th Aves.) 6:30-9:30 PM, One drink min.
- AT Theatre’s shows: It’s Just Sex (about marriage), Cuff Me, 50 Shades of Grey, a parody of an infamous book, also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe. Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200.
- Valerie Brown, 212 496 6484, is available for cleaning projects (closets, stoves, refrigerators). Call Rabbi Jill for Valerie’s contact information. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.