posted Sep 25, 2012, 9:55 AM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Sep 25, 2012, 9:55 AM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of September 24, 2012
- KOL NIDRE, Tuesday, September 25, 6:30 PM with cellist Ellen Silver
- YOM KIPPUR, Wednesday, September 26, 10 AM. Yizkor at 1 PM, Study at 3 PM, N’ila at 5 PM.
- SHABBAT PM, Friday, September 28, 7 PM: Service, & Oneg Shabbat
- SHABBAT AM, Saturday, September 29, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Sukkot, Potluck in the Sukkah, Simchat Torah, & More!
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class resumes October 10.
- DONATIONS AND DONATING
- HEALTH & HEALING
- NOTEWORTHY EVENTS: Kama Linden sings, 9/29; Adon Olam Video on Youtube; AT Shows; Siren’s Heart, and Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels & Honestly Abe (for kids) at AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seeking clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
- The Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. A New York Times article on Nov 19, 2011 about us.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- Kol Nidre Service, Tuesday, September 25, 6:30 PM, with cellist Ellen Silver.
- Yom Kippur
Morning Service, Wednesday, September 26, 10 AM. Yizkor at 1 PM.
Afternoon Service, 5 PM. Break the Fast at 7:30 PM, after the Shofar is
blown. Synagogue is open all day for reflection; with Aron Bederson,
Cantorial Assistant and Pianist James Besser.
- SHABBAT Evening,
Friday, September 28, 7 PM, Service & Oneg Shabbat. We commemorate
the Yahrzeits of: Rose Orenstein (14), Thelma Feld, (15) William Seif
(15), Lillian Berger (16), Annie Spegal (17)
- SHABBAT Morning, Saturday, September 29, 10:30 AM: Service, Discussion, and Oneg Shabbat, Parashat Ha’azinu.
- Erev Sukkot Service, Sunday, September 30, 7 PM. Kiddush outdoors in the Sukkah.
- Sukkot Morning, Monday, October 1, 10:30 AM, Oneg in the Sukkah. Torah Reading.
- Shabbat Sukkot, Potluck in the Sukkah & a Piano
Program of Classical selections by Lily Galperin, Friday, October 5:
Dinner at 6 PM, Service at 7 PM. Please bring a dairy/veggie dish to
- Shemini Atzeret, Monday, October 8, 10 AM. Torah Reading and Yizkor.
- Simchat Torah, Monday, October 8, 7 PM. Sing and Dance with the Torahs. End the cycle and begin again! Please come and celebrate with us.
- Weekly Torah Study: Class resumes October 10. Join
us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying the Psalms in English with Rabbi
Jill at 96th Street. To call in on speakerphone please make a
reservation on Wednesday by calling Rabbi Jill and leaving a message.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg: https://sites.google.com/site/actorstemplehebrewschool
- Thank you to those who gave their time to the Broadway Cares Fights
Aids Flea Market: Co-Chairs Florence Cohen and Bob Reicher. Volunteers
will be listed next week.
- Thank you to all who gave donations:
Myra & Alvin Chanin, Matt Clark, Florence Cohen, Mark & Carol
Cohen, Jamie deRoy, Rachel & Stephen Donnell, Elliott Drooker,
Morton & Anita Fleischner, Roy Friedenthal, Richard Griffel, Ruben
Gruenwald, Joan Jaffe, Barry & Carol Kaye, Mike & Lois Libien,
Howard & Lois Lowsky, Phyllis Malamud, Richard & Carol Margolis,
Carol Ostrow, Joseph & Elinor Rosenthal, Donna Rubens, Mary Carol
Rudin, Myron & Doris Shrenkel, David & Sylvia Steiner, Lawrence
Toppall, Roslyn Wolf, Daniel Yasharel, Arthur Ziffer. We are so
- Thank you to all those who ushered and made Rosh
Hashanah a wonderful experience: Barbara Bova, Dan & Norma Feld,
Julie Halpern, June Stern, and Michael Verdel. Thank you to our
speakers: Philip Rosenbaum, Bob Greenberg, and Judy Buchman; and to our
performers for the creative service: Aron Bederson, James Besser, Aimee
Beyda, Judy Buchman, Harry Ellison, Fred Fastow, Lily Galperin, and Dan
Miller. Thank you to Ilan Abikzir for your artistry on the shofar. It
was beautiful and powerful. All of you created so much good feeling and
beauty! Thank you.
- Thank you to Barbara Bova, Michael
Verdel, David Bier, and all who bring food, set up, and clean up our
services. We really appreciate all you do.
Donations and Giving
- A leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180. Sponsor an Oneg
Shabbat or a Musical Service, in honor of: Birthdays Anniversaries,
Births, Graduations or any Simcha. We welcome the celebration of an
Aufruf, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, or Life Cycle event. Chair Plaques can
be personalized & donated. Please also consider remembering The
Actors’ Temple in your will. We are available for Memorial Services and
we have Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Sally Gerity, Milton Platt,
Kathy Devine, Nelson & Beverly Kornstein, Adela Svei, Judith
Tedeschi, Micha ben Dovid; Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan, Phyllis
Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, George Greenstein, Lois Libien, David
Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Eliyahu Goldsmith. We pray they
will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We regret the passing of: Howard Strowman and
extend our sympathy to the Strowman family. We remember (Heb. Date of
Passing–Tishri) Rose Orenstein (14), Thelma Feld, (15) William Seif
(15), Lillian Berger (16), Annie Spegal (17), 9/28; Dr. Merrill Goodman
(19), Leo Simon (23), 10/5; Ruth Tobin (29), Harry Waldman (29), Lotta
Gomori (10/13), 10/12; Mrs. Goldfarb, Mother of Sally Gerity (10/22),
- We recall for Kaddish: Dan Levine, Tom
Hall, Marion Griffel, Susan Beck, Mitchell Fastow, Steven Paul Goldberg,
Helen Karp, Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman.
- Stone & Stone at The Pit, Monday, 9/24, 8 PM, 123 E. 24 St.( Park – Lex), $10, no drink min.
Linden Sings 9/29 at 8 PM; Art For Healing 75 Styvesant Place, Staten
Island, 2 PM; 9/28, Tarrytown Coffee Labs, 7 Main Street, Tarrytown, 8
- Please be a part of Marcello Bendotti’s online campaign to raise funds for the project http://www.indiegogo.com/gaygardens.
- The Adon Olam Video is on YouTube, produced by Judy Buchman. Pass it around to your email lists.
Theatre’s 5 shows Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being
Black and Jewish): Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Siren’s
Heart (about Marilyn Monroe). Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or
212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly
- Dr. Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale), 212-627-8624; June Stern seeking students, Pre-K to 5th
for tutoring, Rabbi Robert Teixeira LCSW seeking clients in private
psychotherapy practice. 212-961-1745.Celeste Wiseblood seeking
hypnotherapy/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2012 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.