posted Oct 18, 2012, 6:01 AM by aimee-dan beyda-miller
updated Oct 18, 2012, 6:02 AM by Ezrath Israel
Announcements – Week of October 15, 2012
- SHABBAT Friday, October 19, 7 PM: Service & Oneg Shabbat: Breast Cancer Awareness
- 3rd SHABBAT AM, Saturday, October 20, 10:30 AM: Torah Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat
- LOOKING AHEAD: Welcome New Friends Shabbat, New Social Group forming, Hebrew Review
- EDUCATION: Wed. Torah Study Class Wednesdays, 7:30, uptown
- DONATIONS, DONATING, & MAZEL TOV: To Bob Greenberg for SNL
- HEALTH & HEALING
EVENTS: Steve Greenstein in Guys & Dolls, Estelle Levy’s art in 2
Shows, Louise Poster sings weekly, Gary Biale in Stuck?, Kama Linden 11/10; Melodies of Autumn, 11/11; Interfaith Trip to Israel, Adon Olam Video on Youtube; AT Shows; Siren’s Heart, and Fried Chicken and Latkes, Black Angels & Honestly Abe (for kids) at AT Theatre; June Stern. Dr. Dalita Rubenstein, Celeste Wiseblood, seeking clients.
About The Actors’ Temple
Actors’ Temple, Congregation Ezrath Israel is: a place where
spirituality meets creativity; progressive and egalitarian; eclectic and
post denominational; welcoming and inclusive; a place for community,
friendship, prayer, learning, and deeds of loving kindness.
- Visit our Facebook Page and give us a “Like” a/k/a the Thumbs Up! Rabbi/Cantor Jill Hausman has started her own Blog where she is posting her sermons. A New York Times article on Nov 19, 2011 about us.
- Visit our Online Store
where you can buy Tickets to many of our major events, Memberships,
leaves on our Tree of Life plaque, AT tee shirt, or the book "The Rabbi
on 47th Street", a memoir about the history of the synagogue.
- SHABBAT Friday, October 19th: 7 PM: Service, & Oneg
Shabbat. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. June Stern will speak
about it. We commemorate the Yahrzeits of: Mrs. Goldfarb, (10/22) and
Naftali Hertz (8 Cheshvan).
- 3rd SHABBAT AM, Saturday, October 20th, 10:30 AM: Torah Chanting Service, Discussion, & Oneg Shabbat, Parashat Noach.
- New Events group forming. First Event: 10/24, Wed.: piano concert by
Van Cliburn Competition winner. NYU's Loewe Theater, 35 W. 4th St. Meet
6:15: Pesce Pasta, 262 Bleecker St. (betw.6th & 7th Ave S.) Call or email Ana Kingstone 212 787-0827 (Serpa52@hotmail.com) to reserve.
- Welcome New Friends Shabbat, Friday, October 26th.
Piano Prelude by Lily Galperin at 6:30; Service at 7 PM, with Fred
Fastow, classical guitar. Please invite your friends to experience a
spiritual and friendly Shabbat at our synagogue. Wine & Cheese
reception; Piano works by: Rossi, Pachelbel, Rameau, JCF Bach, Alcan,
Brahms, and Kreisler.
- One Day Hebrew Review, Sunday, November 4, 10 AM. Learn to read Hebrew. Beginners welcome!
Service: Friday, November 9, 7 PM, at The Actors’ Temple, with speaker
Miriam Yevick, Holocaust survivor and author of the book, A Testament for Ariella.
- LGBT Shabbat: Friday, November 16, 7 PM, An inclusive celebration for all people.
- Human Rights Shabbat: Friday, December 7, 7 PM, Tikkun Olam for everyone.
- The Best of Broadway and Cabaret, Produced by Randie Levine-Miller, A Benefit for The Actors’ Temple: Monday, November 26th, 6:30 PM. More information will be forthcoming soon.
- Weekly Torah Study:
Class resumes October 10. Join us Wednesdays, 7:30-9:30 PM, studying
the Psalms in English with Rabbi Jill at 96th Street. To call in on
speakerphone please make a reservation on Wednesday by calling Rabbi
Jill and leaving a message.
- Hebrew School for K-4; registration for Fall 2012. Bar/Bat Mitzvah registration ongoing. Hebrew School website, by Noah Hichenberg: https://sites.google.com/site/actorstemplehebrewschool
Thank You and Mazel Tov
- Mazel Tov to Bob Greenberg on his recent appearance on Saturday Night Live.
you for your kind donations: Samuel Chaitovitz, Douglas Cohen, Florence
Cohen, Ruth DiRoma, Beth Fowler, Roy Friedenthal, Amy Gallet, Jane
Goldman, Renee & Justin Greenstein, Helen Hanft, Ira Helf, Mark Hess
& Karen Hartman, Robert Jenny, Stephen & Ana Kingstone, Selma
Kleinman, Carol Lempert & Scotty Watson, Howard & Lois Lowsky,
Phyllis Malamud, Francine Margolis & Jens Jorgensen, Anabel Meister,
Megan Paznik, Bob Reicher, Arthur Reiter, Sandy Rosenberg, Samuel
Rosenfeld & Sheila Yellin, Todd Sokolove, Stanley & Helen
Wissak, and Daniel Yasharel. We appreciate them so very much.
you to Barbara Bova, Michael Verdel, David Bier, and all who bring
food, set up, and clean up our Shabbat services. We really appreciate
all you do.
Donations and Giving
leaf on our Tree of Life Plaque, is only $180.
- Sponsor an Oneg Shabbat
or a Musical Service, in honor of: Birthdays Anniversaries, Births,
Graduations or any Simcha.
- We welcome the celebration of an Aufruf,
Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Wedding, or Life Cycle event.
- Chair Plaques can be
personalized & donated.
- Please also consider remembering The Actors’
Temple in your will.
- We are available for Memorial Services and we have
Cemetery Plots in New Jersey. Please call or email.
Health and Healing
- R'fuah Sh'lema to: Audrey Troy, Sally Gerity, Milton Platt, Adela
Svei, Judith Tedeschi, Micha ben Dovid; Dalita Rubenstein, Su Nissan,
Phyllis Malamud, Matt Clark, Ronnie Eulau, George Greenstein, Lois
Libien, David Belsky, Maya Demri, Joseph Kashangaki, Eliyahu Goldsmith.
We pray they will be well again soon.
Yahrzeits and Kaddish
- We sadly note the passing of Dorothy Platt and extend our deep
sympathy to the Platt family.
- We remember: (Heb. Date of
Passing–Cheshvan) Mrs. Goldfarb, (10/22), Naftali Hertz (8 Cheshvan),
10/19; Elliot Cohen’s Father (22), Isidore Elfman (23), Aaron L.
Friedenthal (23) Samuel Karp (23), Shubert Constantine (Nov. 4), Marge
Seibut’s Mother (11/7), 11/2; Hilda Lerner (29) 11/9; Bessie Ziffer,
- We recall for Kaddish: Dan Levine, Tom Hall,
Marion Griffel, Susan Beck, Mitchell Fastow, Steven Paul Goldberg, Helen
Karp, Miriam Levine, Samuel Tobin, Howard Strowman, Shirah Kober
- Dave Konig in Catskills on Broadway, 10/20, 8 PM, Tarrytown Music Hall, 13 Main St. 877-840-0457
Levy’s art in 2 Shows: High Line Loft, 508 W. 26 St, Gallery 5D,
11/1-15: Tu-Sat. 11-6, Th. 11-8., Reception 11/3, 2-4:30. Also,
Williamsburg Art & History Center (WAH), 135 Broadway
(B’way-Bedford), Bklyn; 10/27-12/9, 1-6, Reception 10/27, 4-6 PM.
- Steve Greenstein in Guys & Dolls, N. Shore Music Theatre, begins 10/30.
- Louise Poster sings at Lybane Restaurant Tues. & Fridays, 9-12, 709 8th Ave.(44-45)212-582-2012
- Roommate needed for Cara Berton’s extra bedroom. Please call: 347-600-3030
- Gary Biale in Stuck?, 10/20, 7:30 PM United Solo Theater Festival, Studio Theater, 410 W. 42nd ST. (9th- 10th Aves), $18, http://unitedsolo.org/us/ufest.
- Kama Linden sings 11/10, 8 PM at Gizzi’s Café, 16 W. 8th Street, NYC.
of Autumn, with singers Carmen Amoros, Marla Kavanaugh, Sergio Marin;
pianist Ira Allen, and the Parlor String Quartet, 11/11, 7:30 PM, Actors
Temple Theatre: songs from Broadway, the American Songbook. Opera, and
Sacred music. Don't miss it!
- Interfaith Trip to Israel, with Rabbi Roger Ross, 3/4-3/16, info at HeartofFaithPilgrimages.com.
- The Adon Olam Video, produced by Judy Buchman, is here on YouTube (or search for "actors temple adon olam"). Pass it around to your email lists.
- AT Theatre’s shows Fried Chicken & Latkes (with Rain Pryor, on being Black and Jewish): Mon., 7PM, Sat., 2:00 PM, Sun., 4:30 PM; Siren’s Heart (about Marilyn Monroe). Tickets $39.50, Telecharge.com or 212/239-6200; also Black Angels Over Tuskegee, & (for kids) Honestly Abe.
Dalita Rubenstein seeking psychotherapy clients (sliding scale),
212-627-8624; June Stern seeking tutoring students, Pre-K to 5th.Celeste Wiseblood seeking hypno/psychotherapy clients 917-833-8885.
Have a wonderful and blessed week!
The Actors’ Temple ● 339 West 47th Street ● New York, N.Y. 10036
Mailing Address: PO Box 2620, NY, NY 10108
Phone (212) 245-6975 ● Fax (212) 586-3025
firstname.lastname@example.org ● www.theactorstemple.org
© Copyright 2004-2012 The Actors’ Temple. All rights reserved. Contributors have copyright of their submitted material.